Humber PIG Pictures

13BK76

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adam,

I think that is more to do with high perfomance engines. In our subject, ie military vehicles, I can think of different applications using the same engine but having exhaust systems of vastly differing lengths. Of course the silencer can be "adjusted" to compensate for a longer or shorter pipe length.

I did used to spend alot of time making cars going faster, maybe there is potential for tuning a B60 yet!

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)
Errrr..........:confused: if it makes you feel happier

what I meant was that a turbo creates a restriction in order for it to perform its duty :n00b:

:-D

just pulling your leg mate,i need another two really.the oshkosh foam tender had two of my engines and four turbos and did 100mph:shocked::cool2:

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)
:idea::idea::idea: had a great idea........sell the boat and buy an Oshkosh :-D

:rofl:Well i wasnt going to say anything ,just turn up at Beltring,i fancy this.:shocked:

P8230272.jpg

Has to be after Early 1971 due to the Ram bar, its a Mk1 style pig with lockers so would be assuming its before "operation bracelet" 1972 sept (off memory,and if was uparmoured to a Mk3) So I would date at

"1971"

But the pig does look a little odd, but I put that down to the artist

Paul & Adam you are right to be cautious about the artistic presentation of this vehicle. It is actually a sort of 3D logo, but none the less is a bit strange.

Hi

I'd say around mid 70's possibly 1976, then again i could well be way out!!!

Yes very good.

On the roof there is a spotlight mounted on the base for the smoke discharger. Discharger, Smoke Grenade, No.11 Mk 1 was introduced in Aug 1973.

The nearside is sporting a support for a wing mirror which was the place for it on a Mk 2 halfway along the bonnet. But mirrors were moved to the front of the wings in May 1977.

So Aug 1973 to May 1977.

Trying to find the tours undertaken 33 Sqn RCT proved fruitless. Col Dewar's book does have a compilation of units served but no mention of them there. The only reference to them is if you sign up to Friends Reunited & I'm not doing that. The others hits for come up for RCT as Roller Coaster Tycoon & Root Canal Therapy :shake: