13BK76

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Must of been a tight squeeze,

getting the truck down your lane and on your drive, clive

Oh yes.

He extended the crane horizontally, chained it to the front of the pig, then pulled it in. Chocked it, reduced the chains & repeated this until he got it up near the lorry. Then the big lift. He coped very well with the lane a lot better than drivers of smaller large lorries.

This contractor had actually delivered the same pig to me eleven years ago when I bought it from the Tank Museum.

Adam just been trying to guess the 2nd digit!

So we have 0* BK 81. Of the 10 vehicles it could, I have discounted the ones which were still FV1601 or converted to FV1613 & FV1620.

This pig is a FV1611. So that leaves 4 candidates remaining that are FV1611. One can be discounted as it was struck off census before the picture was taken. So the possibilities are:

03 BK 81 S/O 17/5/65 School of Artillery

05 BK 81 S/O 31/12/68 School of Infantry

06 BK 81 S/O 3/5/67 BAOR

Would be interesting to see if it was among those that were used by Canadian or Danish UN contingents.

Humber Pig in Firepower museum Woolwich ! No engine or transmission hence ride height !

Wonder why it was de-gutted. Bit like looking at a radio set & realising its only a front panel & case.

You would have thought they could have wound the torsion bars down to make it stand right.

15 BK 67 ? I'm not entirely sure that is its correct ERM. Did you get a chance to see the chassis plate whilst you were checking it for its major components?

With all respect to the Pig, surley they could have got something better?

Apparently not.

The Sheriff of Buffalo (I think) not only has a Pig, but a Saracen & a Ferret to assist in his duties. A Pig on ebay in the summer was exported to a US law enforcement agency. A few years ago a Canadian Police Pig distinguished itself in drawing a bank raid to a close.