Albion CX22

john1950

I saw a picture on face book this morning of a blue Albion CX22 that has just gone into a scrap yard, it looked as it was in a good condition for it's age. Such a shame if it is cut up. Apparently it is in  A1 Wokingham Berkshire, it even has the canvas on the rear body.

Edited by john1950

35 minutes ago, 67burwood said:

🤔 next project…..or…..Possible divorce 🤨……tempting!!

Mobile storage for the jeep, so it won't keep dripping oil on those lovely roses* (* or whatever is growing there) 😇

• Like 1

9 hours ago, cosrec said:

10 ton @ say £200  sounds cheap but alas lots of people think its a good investment but how many will put money where their mouth is.

Economically it’s definitely not a good invest but that’s not why we own and preserve these vehicles, we do it because we clearly have a screw loose !! 😂 if it were easy everyone would do it….

• Like 4

I would think you mean £200 pounds per tonne. Then you would have to add transport and any yard costs and profit, so purchase cost is rising. Then you need somewhere to keep it, then the hard slog starts with any renovation. As the man says on Bangers and Cash, you cannot make money doing a ground up restoration. Or words to that effect. Things are preserved because someone falls in love with it what ever it is. I remember reading an article years ago about the late Ted White and the B17 where his wife said If it was a choice between aircraft parts and the electric bill the parts won.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, FV1604A said:

Great News, Skippy Pete. I will stand by my opinion that the CX22S was one of the most beautiful trucks built along with the Diamond T 980. Would be interested in chassis and army reg if possible.

Well done!

Mike.

Hi Mike, they are a great looking truck. This one will be going back into the military guise