War & Peace virgin

Larry Hayward

God knows what I will find as I have never been to W&P before.

From some of the posts it sounds like its going to be like the wild west in the evenings with gunfire, beer and women, and it's either going to be dusty or muddy depending on the weather!

By the way all you regulars, how long does it take for W&P to process your entry form. I sent mine in a month ago and not had any acknowledgement. I don't want to miss out if they have lost it, as last registration is by 1st July.

You're gonna find everything you ever wanted in about the first 20 minutes...

You're gonna find your wallet will haemmorrage money at an alarming rate

You're gonna find yourself drunk, sunburned and having the most fun you've had in a long time

& with a bit of luck you'll find your tent at the end of it

God knows what I will find as I have never been to W&P before.

From some of the posts it sounds like its going to be like the wild west in the evenings with gunfire, beer and women, and it's either going to be dusty or muddy depending on the weather!

Spot on.. :-D

By the way all you regulars, how long does it take for W&P to prcess your entry form. I sent mine in a month ago and not had any acknowledgement. I don't want to miss out if they have lost it, as last registration is by 1st July.

You should of received your MV pass by now, received ours a couple of weeks ago, give the office a ring in the morning & speak to Barbara...

Yes, it is either dusty or muddy, depending on the weather.

It is only noisy in certain parts of the fields.

It is HUGE, and you will take you days to see everything.

Loads of interesting stalls, but not many selling wartime British vehicle bits (unfortunately).

Stay in an area with people you know.

Take a camera with loads of film or chips, and make sure it's charged up.

If you find a Ford WOA2 and WOT2 together, say 'hello' as that's me.

Robert Davey

By the way all you regulars, how long does it take for W&P to process your entry form. I sent mine in a month ago and not had any acknowledgement. I don't want to miss out if they have lost it, as last registration is by 1st July.

I've not had mine yet either, but I know they do have a lot to get through and the year before last I did'nt get mine through before 1st July, personally I would'nt panic just yet.

As to what goes on, as far as I'm aware you can make it as sedate or as lively as you want, depending on the beer venue you choose to frequent. :-D

Just don''t try to do too much straight away. Conserve your energy, your beer money; your toys money and prepare for extremes of weather. If you like to party then it is the place. If you don't then try to find somewhere quiet. Have fun.

MB

Why stay with friends? Because they will look after your Vehicle/Tent/kit while you go walk-about, and you do the same for them. It's not the vehicle owners I don't trust, its the general public, and there have been known thefts from trader's stalls at W & P by criminals.

There have been known thefts from W&P vehicle owners too. Back in 2004 one night someone decided to help themselves to the white light lenses from my Lightweight. At the time they were hard to find, a walk around the stalls turned up a couple at £30 each! While I was inspecting for other missing bits the bloke camped opposite came over. He'd had the clamps nicked from his antenna bases, the guy next to him had some wheel nuts nicked from his 101.

With that many different types of people on site there are bound to be a few bad uns, not forgetting the pikey's that live in the woods.

But rest assured om your original topic subject, you will not be a virgin for long :rofl:

Of the War and Peace show of course ;-)

Dont worry mate i am a virgin as well War an peace virgin that is. I should hopefully be taking my newly brought auto union Munga down there if all goes according to plan, a couple of years a go in fact longer than a couple of years ago my friend had some lights nicked from inside his truck and the long and short of it is that because they just pulled them it short circuited and caused there canvas to catch light but you get those sort of b@£*$%d every where as i found out yesterday when i was assualted and had a hole going threw my lip and spent 5.30 hours in A+E but that is another story hopefully i will get to meet some more of you guys and girls down there.

Kyle

I've now had mine through (arrived just before the postal strike) any joy with yours?

Hi All

My first time at War And Peace too and I've been really excited about it for months now! The wife is fed up with hearing the name! I am just starting to panick a bit now though about finding a space.I didn't realise so many of you sorted it so early!!! We arrive by boat into Portsmouth early on Wednesday morning of 18th and will drive straight there.Will we be able to find room?!!!! Any of you organised guys got space for a 101,small awning and four idiots?! We are quite socially acceptable even though there are two hippies in the group!! We start drinking so early in the morning that we do tend to pass out early in the evening!! Not sure if you would want your children too near us though!!!

Hoping to put some faces to some names while we are there too.

Daren

Well I HOPE your not disappointed, My life is to short and my time to valuable to waste 5 days making money for other people. As a friend of mine said some years ago 'If we don't bring our vehicles, all you have to show the public is an empty feild' time to remind them of that.

I don't really care if Rex or anyone else makes a few quid out of us going there for the week. I look forward to it all year, it's a great experience, we get to play with our vehicles and see all the other vehicles, spend money in stalls, talk to friends, have a few beers, meet new people etc etc. The only real expense is the travelling, and Rex helps out by giving us great rates on his low loader, so I really can't complain!

Hey Siric, that's because you have tracks. I'm sure very few would disagree that 'War and Track' show would be a better name. I supported the show for many years, but when things got nasty a few years ago I decided that as I do things because I enjoy them, and frankly I like to sleep at night without wondering if my kit will be there in the morning or a Quad bike run into the tent at 2am. No more. True the show is under new management, so wait and see.