Veterans Day - cancelled!

Shepway District Council have cancelled the Veterans Day event in Folkestone, Kent - because the Veterans cannot afford to take out £5,000,000 third party liability insurance.

Am I alone in thinking that this is a disgusting insult to them?

Why SHOULD the Vets HAVE to take out this insurance;......Its about time this whole situation was sorted:

Can the council,..or more likely certain councilors,............not see, but for these guys, and gal's, not 'stepping forward', when needed, they would NOT be in the position they are in today.

Isn't it amazing, how, every 11 Nov,.....(or nearest sun :whistle:) these same hypercrites are there 'being seen', laying wreaths and mouthing empty words.

A Disgusting Insult,..............Yes, totally agree; but,.....unfortunatly something were seeing more and more of, these days.

Theres possibly a councilor who feels this type of rememberence is not politically correct. :argh:

Phew,............Rant Over.

Andy

No you're not alone. It's a disgrace. All over some stupid H&S crap, probably decided on by some berk in a local government non job. :argh:

Why SHOULD the Vets HAVE to take out this insurance;......Its about time this whole situation was sorted:

Can the council,..or more likely certain councilors,............not see, but for these guys, and gal's, not 'stepping forward', when needed, they would NOT be in the position they are in today.

Isn't it amazing, how, every 11 Nov,.....(or nearest sun :whistle:) these same hypercrites are there 'being seen', laying wreaths and mouthing empty words.

A Disgusting Insult,..............Yes, totally agree; but,.....unfortunatly something were seeing more and more of, these days.

Theres possibly a councilor who feels this type of rememberence is not politically correct. :argh:

Phew,............Rant Over.

Andy

You have hit the nail on the head there hun, its an absolute disgrace as you say these are the same people who are seen to ;ay the wreaths etc etc etc blah de blah de blah. It makes me pig sick

but...............................................................................................if something went wrong they have to cover their backs sadly :-(

why the council cant pay for the insurance :dunno:

Shepway District Council have cancelled the Veterans Day event in Folkestone, Kent - because the Veterans cannot afford to take out £5,000,000 third party liability insurance.

Absolutely and great timing and having just experienced the actions of H&E at the weekend - guess what next months Editors Column is going to be about.

It is all a farce and I am bored with it - no one mentions the H&E drunk spill out onto our streets after being on the beer all night......strange that but then vets do not make money for the local authorities :dunno: