-[ THE NEW HMVF, TELL US WHAT YOU THINK! ]-

Joris

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a frequent visitor here too (duh) but I really experience no lag at all. The site looks even faster then it was!

What you need to bear in mind, this is a database powered website, which takes longer to load then a non-database powered website.

Should hope so Joris :-)

Seriously though, response times have increased noticeably here over the last couple of days - maybe it's because the site is busier now and the DB transaction process could do with a spot of tuning??

Also - I've noticed a few times that new posts are going on threads without the "new" flag appearing by the topic title - it happened to this when you replied above!! Any thoughts sir???

I know what causes the wrong names in the PMs too, tried to fix it but not sure if I succeeded.

Joris, I have just sent a PM to myself. I followed the email link back & gave me the reply form but it was addressed to "fab" rather than "fv1620"

It's not a major problem I have just learnt to ignore the link & go into the forum.

The other thing is that the PM content gets displayed in the email. Is there a way of me turning that off so it can only be read by going in via the forum itself?

Yeah you can change that in the profile settings.

Yes the 4th box "When sending notification of a reply to a topic, send the post in the email"

But the box is unticked so I shouldn't be it passed on in the email I would have thought?

At this moment in time it is very quick. :dunno:

Yes I agree but this is in the morning of a weekday, everything is that much faster. Apart from sites themselves, on a non school holiday morning my broadband can be as fast as 5.9mbs but a weekend evening it can go down to half that.

So it's fairly ok for me but the new forum is always the slowest site I go to. Are there too many fancy bits bolted on now?

• 2 weeks later...

Out here in the Welsh borders everythings slow :whistle:,we can only muster 1mb on broadband on a good day with the little bloke in the local exchange pedalling as fast as his little legs will go :nut:can anyone help?

Mind you the sheep are like lightening :shake:

Signed

Out of breath DaveP

• 1 month later...