-[ THE NEW HMVF, TELL US WHAT YOU THINK! ]-

Joris

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The forum seems exceptionally quiet. Unless one has been following developments very closely over the last few days, a lot of people may be out there wondering why HMVF has disappeared.

Could you send a bulk email to all members to get them up to speed, but of course there will be a great number of lookers who are not signed up, is there some PR to the mags to point out the changes & maybe an announcement on milweb arranged. Otherwise I feel the forum will be set back considerably in its useage.

The forum seems exceptionally quiet. Unless one has been following developments very closely over the last few days, a lot of people may be out there wondering why HMVF has disappeared.

Could you send a bulk email to all members to get them up to speed,

I agree, Clive.

It was only because I had been coming on every day that I noticed the new address come up on the old site. As the old sight is not available anymore, many will fear the forum has gone altogether. It does make sense to notify all members of the change by email, but that will not get those that have not signed.

Also, as the new web address is considerably longer, thought should be given to the logo intended for caps, shirts, display cards, badges, etc. Could not the old hmvf.com address, still be used and linked to this one? Many websites work like that.

Richard

No worries chaps.

Here is the situation.

When we were building the new site, we had to use another name to upload it to a new server (host) we couldn't use http://www.hmvf.co.uk as this was being used by us already - the old site.

Once the server guys have switched our old name to the new server then it will be situation normal the web address will be http://www.hmvf.co.uk.

A bulk email will be going out this morning just to bring everyone up to speed.........

Hope that helps but keep giving us the feedback

Cheers

Jack.

Hi Joris,

When I get the home page up and click " Show unread posts since last visit." I am not getting all the unread new posts since i last visited. Sometimes i am getting no new post but when i check the forum topics i can there has been a few posts since i was last here. dont know if anyone else has noticed this but just reporting it incase.