-[ THE NEW HMVF, TELL US WHAT YOU THINK! ]-

Joris

I'm post war too, I didn't receive the email either.

I've had to re-register as I couldn't sign in, it kept telling me my username didn't exist, shame really as I wanted to look at my PMs, requests for a new password didn't work either, I thought I'd been banned from the forum :whistle:

I think there is something to this Post War users not getting our emails from "GMC Jack WW11" now is he trying to loss us in the transfer :whistle:

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So this is where you're all hiding. Grasshopper and I were wondering what was going on! (ps I'm WW2 and I didn't get an email either :cry:)

Boy have I got lots to tell you all about! - watch the forum in the next couple of days for photos of the flying Autocar and the swimming Ward Lafrance (btw. they don't 'float' over mud despite what I'd been told... :-D ) Also lots more GMC and Jeep bits for sale very soon.

Nice to be back and the forum is looking good guys. Well done and thanks for all your hard work on our behalf :-)

- Mike

Mike,

Dont forget to hold onto the old url http://www.hmvf.co.uk'>http://www.hmvf.co.uk'>http://www.hmvf.co.uk as i believe Jack and Joris said once the transfer to the new server is complete we will be using the old address again, but hopefully they will let us ALL know when its done.

Quite right Ian - this will be done. Basically you should be able to use http://www.hmvf.co.uk right now!

Try it :whistle:

Hurrah :clap: - back up and looking great, although the borders on left and right are a bit big and seem arther wasteful - i guess I am echoing earlier comments which you have already answered though

the spellchecker does not seem to be working, all i get is a blank white screen

i did not get either of the 2 emails you appear to have sent out reading the earlier comments

only found you again today when I assume the redirect you have now set up on the old URL worked. I was well worried and starting to get withdrawal symptons :cry: because searching for you on Google just returned the old URL and a standard error message

John

i just found you as well, :wave:

phew what a relief. i didn't get an e mail either but have been checking the old link daily & also doing a search on hmvf ( just bought up hmv till today).

great to be back & great to be back to a brill site, well done chaps, top notch, :yay:

i'll get back to exploring now.

Berni

At last...I found you all again.......I've been going cold turkey since last week . Dint matter what I tried I couldn't find you . Is somebody trying to tell me something ?

Like what I've seen so far .

If I manage to get back in here again I'll have a proper look . :-D

D

Whether you need to scroll sideways I think very much depends on your monitor size and resolution. On my new laptop which is widescreen, there are large white borders to either side of the main info panel, but my old 1024x768 res laptop screen didn't show these borders.

If your monitor has a screen res of less than 1024x768 ( ie 800x600 ) it is likely you will have to scroll sideways to see everything.

Steve

Well I think its great

& the logo is fantastic :cofee:

Thanks for your help with that Bodge!

The fact that its up and running at all is

great

considering Jacks been fiddling with it

:computerterror:

Joris has banned me from doing anything on it now :computerterror2:

......just when I was getting good a screwing things up! :whistle:

• 2 weeks later...