Scammell pioneer

Hi folks My name is Neil.

Im new here not only to HMVF but the modern tech world of computers. yeah just got my first one and don't really know how this all works, ive got 4 kids and they are showing me!! :blush: Quite sad really as the youngest is 3 and even she seems to know. Im a mobile mechanic in kent repairing cars commercials and heavy plant, i spend all my spare time tinkering in my garage, I've spent the last few years restoring a rare 2.0l diesel series one safari landrover, and am now looking for a commercial vehicle project.

The scammell pioneer has always made me gasp when I've seen them at show and now I have decided i want to be part of there history.

I am limited to space now and will be looking to do a rolling restoration, so hoping to find an unfinished project or some thing that's not a wreck.

If any one knows of such a beast I would be glad to know.

Rgds Neil.

Hello niel,

Welcome to the forum, and good luck in your quest to find a Pioneer. You are in good Scamelling company here. I'd suggest that you go for an artillery or breakdown tractor instead of a tank transporter because the transporters only manage 17 mph on the road while the artillery and breakdowns manage a comparatively sprightly 24 mph.

All the best, Richard

Welcome, and here's a thought to carry round with you - wish I'd had it years ago.

There is a danger here that you will bypass something really worthwhile that you get a chance at, just because it isn't a Scammell or even the exact model you want.

Have a good hard think about everything you run across, especially everything that is rare, or odd, in case you regret it down the line.

If you do find something odd you don't really want, be sure to mention it on here, and one of the others will tidy it away.... :angel:

Welcome to the HMVF Neil, I agree with the above post, don't set your heart on just the one vehicle and walk by something special, I had to sell my beloved jeep a while back and as a stop gap bought a Chevrolet G-7107 cargo thinking I would keep it until I could afford another jeep, after a couple of shows I grew to love the Chevy and decided to keep it :-) Mind you I did buy my original jeep back as well :D

Welcome, and here's a thought to carry round with you - wish I'd had it years ago.

There is a danger here that you will bypass something really worthwhile that you get a chance at, just because it isn't a Scammell or even the exact model you want.

Have a good hard think about everything you run across, especially everything that is rare, or odd, in case you regret it down the line.

If you do find something odd you don't really want, be sure to mention it on here, and one of the others will tidy it away.... :angel:

Wise words from the man in the North

Pete