Whats the "Nickname" of your MV

ian2b

I had a WC 52 which I called "section 8".

Because I was drafted in the Army and only was there e few weeks the question if I got Section 8 was asked frequently.

Might be better calling it "Cpl Klinger" then!! :-) :-)

As most know - my Stalwart is known as little Maud:

c007-1.jpg

An oft-repeated story - when we started viewing Stalwarts after realizing a DUKW would forever be out of reach the first one we saw was covered in green algae and the wifes first comment was "It's all mouldy". Turn the clock back a few years and there was a cartoon hung on the wall of 21's drill hall in the DoY that was a charicature of the old regimental cap badge of Mars and Minerva entitled "Mouldy Maud" - the name stuck in my mind but as the one we got was in a lot better condition it got shortened to "Maud" :-)

My jeep is known as " LIL HARRY" as this was the nickname of the previous owner (some one i have known for 20 Yrs) grandfather who served in WW2, apparently he was 6` 4" in height.

So far i have not yet decided what guise/scheme to finish the jeep in yet, as both my grandfathers were Royal Navy, yet my father served post war from `51 to 75 in the Royal Engineers so i may take that course :dunno:.

Ashley

Well the Ferret is called "Eric" because that was what the previous owner called it and as it really suits him the name has stayed.

The Militant is called "Mally" after the chap who owned it before.

The Howitzer is called "The Enforcer". Do you really need to ask why! It's a 155mm FH70!! 8-)

The Land Rover is called "Florance" as in Nightingale because it was a field ambulance. :oops: :|

And the ZIL was called "The Bitch" because most of the time it was

:-) Richard

My Dodge WC51 has been called POPEYE for years now. Why? Saw it on a WW2 vehicle and the name stuck.

Now that I have learnt more on The Brazilian Expeditionary Force (Italy 1944-45) I will name my Dodge "Tiaoziño". (On the top of radiator) Which is short for, and a loving way to say it, Sebastian. My 7 year old son, and the apple of my eye.

As always,

Goran Noren

Sweden

Picture is of a WC51 belonging to the BEF medical unit (From Rio de Janiero no less)

[attachment deleted by admin]

The Pinkie is called "little Mule", I got the name from Romancing the Stone (Pinkie is in 1st Gulf war guisze and I wanted a period name from a period film).....but it has come to stick as the thing is quite often as stubborn as one, poxy thing, and was also the SAS's pack horse in the gulf!!

• 2 weeks later...

So whats your MV called and how did it get its name

My father owned this GMC 352 "Anna" but we dont know how it got its name.

width=640 height=480http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i272/ian2b/DadasoldGMC.jpg[/img]

Ian, I remember seeing this truck at Tilbury Fort probably with a previous owner, and I actually asked the guy how it came to get its name. It was a few years back now but I'm sure the guy said they named it after one of the MVT club members or something, so theres the kind of story on that one!

• 1 year later...