Halftracks, what the.....!

Jack

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prices can vary a little but your not far away Mark.

Just warn Jack before posting anything like that again though, there is only so much hitting the floor that Jacks jaw can take :-)

Ok, thanks Tim - so 15k would be cheap?

[trying to ignore the 'chins' comment]

The oft-annoying little voice of reason would now be saying "That would all depend on what you're actually getting for that £15K!!!" :whistle: :whistle:

Good point Neil.

It isn't like the ones the Tim posted but I know the owner and the Halftrack and would love to 'load' it like the above ones - wouldn't take a lot!

Ok, here is the situation:

Would like a tank, Stuarts are very attractive to me more because of their size above and beyond anything else but a Sherman has always been the one for me - it is a childhood thing....AKA a Kelly's Hero's influence.

Now the the problem I have is that there aren't that many Stuarts about and I don't like what they do to the gallon so I am thinking if you are going to be a tank owner and burn shed loads of money on fuel then you might as do it on the one that you really want.................

So as a compromise, a Halftrack looks like the most logical option at the moment and one that we could have one hell of a load of fun in and one that I don't need a load loader to transport it about.

The trouble is you can only have a meaningful relationship with one vehicle at a time. The hunt, the chase, the courtship, the deal, the novelty, the getting it home, the first time out together. Then the novelty will either wear off or the new one is the one you want to be with all the time to the detriment of the others.

I have a Shorland that I haven't driven for 10 years & pre-SORN and a pig that I haven't attempted to repair after 5 years when it started doing 20 mpg of OIL. But Jack I suppose you are younger & have more energy & can spread yourself about more, on the vehicles. But sometimes people end up with an automotive harem that they are unable to keep pace with :naughty:

I am not so sure about not needing a low loader for the Half track Jack, between fuel consumption and track wear I don't think you would want to drive any distance on the road. I am not trying to put you off, Half tracks have always been one of my favourites but practicality has always been the problem.

Here what you are saying Degsy but I don't intent to go to far this year - would just like a year to enjoy........

Another advantage is that I can just jump in one and drive it to the office when I want to......a lot more flexible than a tank.

1st it was

I want a tank

then I want a half track

Jack I know it's hard but with people like me, Clive and Borat, Neil and others we can bring you back to Britain where you belong.

Just think a PIG of your own , a fabulous ferret or even a stunning Stolly.

Come on Jack just that little step more, and we are here to help you turn from the dark side....

Sue said she will be Leila, I'll cut the dash as Hans solo, and the dogs want to be Ewok's

May the farce be near you

Hardyferret wibble :-D

Blimey - I have to find the exact right one, it has to be perfect - I am not going to have any time this year to be working on anything..........a part from my GMC - that is my baby after all!

I bought my Dodge with that in mind too, guess how many hours I spent working on it?

1st it was

I want a tank

then I want a half track

Jack I know it's hard but with people like me, Clive and Borat, Neil and others we can bring you back to Britain where you belong.

Just think a PIG of your own , a fabulous ferret or even a stunning Stolly.

Come on Jack just that little step more, and we are here to help you turn from the dark side....

Sue said she will be Leila, I'll cut the dash as Hans solo, and the dogs want to be Ewok's

May the farce be near you

Hardyferret wibble :-D

And - funnily enough - I might just know some one who could have a running and swim-kitted Mk 1 Stalwart for sale in the immediate future!!!

Just think Jack - you could pop over to Normandy whenever you wanted to then!! :-) :-) As long as you'e on friendly terms with the local Pompeurs (sp?) :-)