Smallwood Vintage Rally 2012

I,m popping up as a visitor on the sunday will come over and say high and hassle people about our Military vehicle show at Oswestry, Shropshire.......June 30th/1st July...........

Drop me a flyer into the commentary box and i will hassle people as well

Was a great event, myself and CRAB 1 made the ring circuit. Good to meet you Brooky.

Like wise dear boy likewise great to put a face to the name!!

Great to see the Ferrets on Saturday, but wont GMC's make it round the ring and wasnt the owner of the FWD (albeit with the front prop shaft disconnected (suppose that must make it a TWD!!!) proud enough to show it to the crowd around the arena

I could go on to mention the fantastic 101 and the Pinzgauer or the 6x6 Dodge, the DROPS truck, the ........................

Just a thought.................

Is it the way now that you will have three nights free camping, entertainment in the beer tent, water and facilities laid on for nothing without giving something back to the organisers and the public who have paid to come in and will sit from 1100hrs in the morning till close of play round the ring waiting to see our fantastic vehicles in action?????????

The military vehicle section was allocated an hour in the ring on both days (the same as every other section) and we struggled to fill 30 of those minutes

Rant Over..........................Discuss

was a great weekend, but who was our marshall? somebody came round in a car to shout arena 10 mins, if you dont make the effort to actually walk up and ask owners, not shout out of a car window, you might not get such a poor turn out at arena? Just a thought!

Apart from that, great show as usual (apart from lack of stalls)

Mark

The show was very good, it might be a good idea to nominate a responsible military vehicle exhibitor to get the word and time of the arena show to the vehicle owners, in my experience we could not hear any of the commentary from the show ring. Most of these military vehicles have kit scattered around the vehicles making it very difficult to just up stakes at a moments notice and go to the show area on the other side of the field without making arrangements for someone to babysit the display gear left otherwise unattended......... so maybe a little forward planning please. This is not a gripe, just an attempt to improve matters for the next show.............. for anyone who did not attend here are a few of the vehicles that were in attendance today (Sunday.)Smallwood Show. 006.jpg

Smallwood Show. 001.jpg

Smallwood Show. 002.jpg

Smallwood Show. 003.jpg

Smallwood Show. 004.jpg

Smallwood Show. 005.jpg

Smallwood Show. 007.jpg

Smallwood Show. 008.jpg

Great to hear some constructive comments!!!

I will make sure that they are fed back to the organisers

As for time of the parades there was an agenda on the side of the commentary point, but as someone says if you cany hear the announcments then it is very difficult to organise people and vehicles

As I say I will feedback the comments and hopefully make next year (a three day event) even better (cant promise the weather though!!)

Had a lovely day on the Sunday at Smallwood, hadn't been for a couple of years to it clashing with other shows. It was good to see a strong military section amongst others, whilst it was nice to meet up with friends both new and old.

A couple more from me to add to Ray's above:

073.jpg

075.jpg

093.jpg

096.jpg

079.jpg

078.jpg

Brooky i will try to bring my 101 next year... though i think you had enough of seeing me in the arena!!

(Ford 4000, County 954, ERF C Series White/Red and Purple Land Rover 90 [also caught a ride in my cousins imp]) haha!

Nice selection of pics! the maroon Commer (k9??) belongs to Martin Carlisle of Carlisle Bros Skips congleton.

Thanks

Nick

Brooky i will try to bring my 101 next year... though i think you had enough of seeing me in the arena!!

(Ford 4000, County 954, ERF C Series White/Red and Purple Land Rover 90 [also caught a ride in my cousins imp]) haha!

Nice selection of pics! the maroon Commer (k9??) belongs to Martin Carlisle of Carlisle Bros Skips congleton.

Thanks

Nick

Nick, never tired of seeing your smiling face in the arena :-D

Thanks

Nick

Hi Nick, the Commer is a Q4 Bikini Unit and it would have originally looked like the one on the following links: a f s commer bikini unit 3 boats 9 pumps

http://ccmv.aecsouthall.co.uk/p716470258/h64EF4C2#h64ef4c2

Thanks for the extra information. From what I heard on the tannoy he said he saved it from being scrapped in February this year; don't know if you or Brooky can confirm this?

Scott

what i know is that the flat bed was made by the owner to carry his Allis B, it was sprayed last week, he got the bigger tyres for £50 each off ebay to make it look meatier and make it cruise abit better and that it will sit at 45-50mph i think he said something about a box being on the back... but cant remember. It does start well though and sounds sweet!

Thanks

Nick

what i know is that the flat bed was made by the owner to carry his Allis B, it was sprayed last week, he got the bigger tyres for £50 each off ebay to make it look meatier and make it cruise abit better and that it will sit at 45-50mph i think he said something about a box being on the back... but cant remember. It does start well though and sounds sweet!

Thanks

Nick

Thanks for that Nick. Certainly looked the part.

Scott