Military Driving School ITV1

Marmite!!

watched a little bit but got fed up with the presenter who makes his living exposing the dregs of the earth on TV trying to do something which may be of interest to normal people and failing W+%"$R who senationalises everybodies shortfalls

Edited by cosrec

watched this and suddenly had my first experience of feeling old, when I saw lasses my daughters age driving. I thought when I first tuned in that they were on a taster/ work experience from school!

Totally agree that Kyle is a tw*t, hopefully he gets run over later in the series?

Pity George Mc Donald Fraser is deceased. Those who have read Quartered Safe out here, and The Complete Mcasulan, would have loved to evesdrop that conseverastion. Kyle has made his 'reputation?' taking high moral stands, sounding knowledable or just being bloody rude with people who have little opertunity to hit back.

Pity George Mc Donald Fraser is deceased. Those who have read Quartered Safe out here, and The Complete Mcasulan, would have loved to evesdrop that conseverastion. Kyle has made his 'reputation?' taking high moral stands, sounding knowledable or just being bloody rude with people who have little opertunity to hit back.

Jerry Springer with out the laughs and you just can't help laughing at the hicks!

Kyles program could be described as using people who know no better and just want to be on TV and who want to be famous. Same format as a talent show that isn't it rhymes with towel.

Just watched episode 2. It is a frustrating program to watch, it feels like you have just watched a 30 minute trailer for the actual series! "Thanks mate" "These things are solid" etc etc..... It's "bits" of everything with not much real content and follow up. And the camera's are all over the place, it's like watching a early episode of naked chef! Do we really need to see Jeremy's facial expression after every comment!

Although I agree with the post about the age of the recruits!! How old do I feel now! One of the lads driving the HGV wearing the helmet reminded me of my nephew with a toy helmet on :-) He's 7 :-)

Just watched episode 2. It is a frustrating program to watch, it feels like you have just watched a 30 minute trailer for the actual series!

Haha I love this comment, it does sum up the programme perfectly.

It actually isn't too bad though as it does show plenty of the hardware that is now being used by the British Army although where it does go wrong is by showing plenty of Jeremy Kyle as well!!!

Or maybe Chris Barrie (of Red Dwarf - Rimmer fame) - he's pretty good on machinery based programs.

I have been involed with Chris on a number of filmings with John Pearson,Chris is very nice and always take time to have a chat when we see him, he as a love of machines how thay work and the history behind them he dos know what he is talking about not like Kyle.

Al

Edited by Big Al

Just watched episode 2. It is a frustrating program to watch, it feels like you have just watched a 30 minute trailer for the actual series! "Thanks mate" "These things are solid" etc etc..... It's "bits" of everything with not much real content and follow up. And the camera's are all over the place, it's like watching a early episode of naked chef! Do we really need to see Jeremy's facial expression after every comment!

Although I agree with the post about the age of the recruits!! How old do I feel now! One of the lads driving the HGV wearing the helmet reminded me of my nephew with a toy helmet on :-) He's 7 :-)

Thank Goodness ! I thought it was me, why do they repeat the same stuff over and over again, no real content ,no real information, anyway having consulted my good friend on camp he says e2 was far more accurate than e1, but the whole programme upset a lot of people who helped produce it (HM Forces that is) Jk attitude man not popular at all !:-|

Thank Goodness ! I thought it was me, why do they repeat the same stuff over and over again, no real content ,no real information, anyway having consulted my good friend on camp he says e2 was far more accurate than e1, but the whole programme upset a lot of people who helped produce it (HM Forces that is) Jk attitude man not popular at all !:-|

Maybe he was searching for new victims for his show and was most upset when none appeared...

Maybe he was searching for new victims for his show and was most upset when none appeared...

When is the next seat to the sand dunes available for him? :cool2:

Now Mister Akida....How does it feel?

Mind you the International Court would be bringing charges of Cruel and unusual punishment

With ten years driving experience, he thinks he's a good driver. As the Civillian Instructor pointed out, on an automatic only licence. Why the guy didn't deck him I don't know.

can't help thinking when I see them going through the obstacles in their modern tackle, how much more interesting it would be for them if they were in something like the militant, in fact the militant would be perfect if you had Kyle in the cab - you wouldn't be able to hear him :)

One of my best Buddies from my time just retired from Garrison Sergeant Major at Gutersloh (John Mac, since you ask Bazz).

He told me that 80% of his work was sorting out Logistics Corps problems and it wasn't the job he signed up for 40 years ago. I am afraid that after following this series I can see why.