heap of landrovers

landyandy

The vehicles bear licence marks or showings of where they were that are similar to "foreign" usage, so I would surmise that the picture is most likely non UK.

The vehicles look like some of the Otokar produced coil sprung Land Rovers, especially those wide rear body types.

My 2 cents worth

R

I certainly couldn't see the scrapyard being in the UK, not in the last twenty years anyway. I haven't seen scrapyard piles like that since I was a boy - the last vehicle one I visited had the cars sat in a giant rack like an overgrown shoe shop!

Andy

SURELY even as a source of parts that lot has a value and there's no danger of them getting into the wrong hands as complete vehicles. Piled like this they're just ruined.shows how wasteful governments/military can be.

But they did spread some sort of tarp. on the ground to prevent oil/acid/anti-greeze contamination of Turkish soil !!

Yes , all those hinged rear spare wheel mounts would have gone down a treat on eBay for starters ?

I don't think foreign governments, bar the major arms dealers have got the same mind set about selling off surplus. Also depends on deals made with the manufacturer. Land Rover/MOD might have insisted on scrapping at end of service life so not to flood a potential market for new vehicles.

I have the MOD Disposals Policy, and it is sell sell sell, as you are probably aware when looking at Withams/Jacksons et al.

I have the MOD Disposals Policy, and it is sell sell sell, as you are probably aware when looking at Withams/Jacksons et al.

Oh so true I can't complain its funded some of my purchases.

Its a waste but the foreign government might not have the ability or the will to sell surplus military items to its own people. The recent fun and games in the middle east would probably have confirmed that to many institutions the world over.

If I wasn't in danger of being lynched I would say it is the best thing to do with a Landy... But if I said such a thing I would be in mortal danger so I won't !!!:D

You won't say it I will scap'm all! Rust / corrosion on four wheels..... keep death off the road, oh sorry thats keep me off the road!

Edited by ferrettkitt