Report Bugs here..

Joris

Site has been freezing on me since last week, came home from A&E on Mon and site still the same, all other web activity fine just this problem on here. Doing this on my phone which has no probs with hmvf

Don

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This freezing malarky has been going on since MS did a big update on XP, I finally solved the problem by rolling back my computer (seemed to work on its own for a while...) and then installing firefox. Everything now runs fine.

Have to say that I too have suffered for some time now with this site freezing which has been a real pain when you're halfway posting restoration pics and you loose the lot and have to start over.

My PC is fine had it MOT'd tother day hope it gets sorted sooon.

Cheers RR.

Arte those having problems using IE? if so switch to Firefox, Chrome etc..

Yes, won't work in ie properly. Was using ie 8 (I like the separate search bar), same on my work and home PC, kept crashing. Upgraded to ie 9 yesterday, still the same. Could it be the adverts?

I don't actually like chrome..... in fact I don't really like change :-)

MT

Yes, won't work in ie properly. Was using ie 8 (I like the separate search bar), same on my work and home PC, kept crashing. Upgraded to ie 9 yesterday, still the same. Could it be the adverts?

MT

99% of reported forum problems are down to IE.. probably the worst browser about.. switch to Firefox, much faster & more stable..

im having all sorts of trouble bujt ONLY this site - no others this is attempt 11 yes eleven to post here to tell you it keeps freezing it only allows me to restart but then i get 2 or 3 minites hear before it freezes again andy

Using IE? have an Ad blocker installed?

MT

Same here.

Plus a move to another browser means the hassle of having to save all the favourites again.

When you download and install Firefox there is the option to import your favorites from other browsers, they want it to be as seamless as possible for those who move. Give it a try, you can alway go back to IE at any time, it will still be there..

When you download and install Firefox there is the option to import your favorites from other browsers, they want it to be as seamless as possible for those who move. Give it a try, you can alway go back to IE at any time, it will still be there..

:thanx:Bernard. Will give it a try when I've get five minutes.

Thought it was only me but when viewing HMVF site my screen keeps freezing and "not responding", not all the time I hasten to add. Been going on a few days so getting fed up now. I am using IE.

Why is this happening?

Paul

Because you are using IE.. the worst browser about, usually gets worst after IE/windows updates.. switch to Firefox..

I've found that the problems seem to happen when a page on here is loading ads from certain URL's , I am using IE8 and XP , using Firefox on the site the same problem doesn't occur . You can run two browsers side by side so I run IE8 and Firefox but as an aside I seem to have sorted the problem I have on here tonight by disabling error reporting , this

was the dumprep in task manager which was hogging the resources on my pc and causing IE to hang.

Edited by rdx10
too much info :oP

I run two different browsers on my laptop Chrome and IE, I tend to use Chrome more but IE has some advantages in that it will save logging in details for a site that Chrome won't. You could use Firefox or Chrome just for HMVF, save the blood boiling moments for the things that matter