Report Bugs here..

Joris

Still a problem it seems. Using the free Microsoft Security package (which seems to be very effective at keeping the computer flu at bay) - last three days at least the site frequently closes down as soon as I try to navigate away from opening page, message saying 'malicious somethingorother' caused Windows to close webpage and re-open, which often it doesn't until you go away and come back again :yawn:

Is this linked to the message problem? Is it a gremlin somewhere that is causing HMVF to be blocked by the MSN/Hotmail systems?

Getting to be a right pain. How many others are experiencing this and simply don't bother to keep trying I wonder.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Still a problem it seems. Using the free Microsoft Security package (which seems to be very effective at keeping the computer flu at bay) - last three days at least the site frequently closes down as soon as I try to navigate away from opening page, message saying 'malicious somethingorother' caused Windows to close webpage and re-open, which often it doesn't until you go away and come back again :yawn:

Is this linked to the message problem? Is it a gremlin somewhere that is causing HMVF to be blocked by the MSN/Hotmail systems?

Getting to be a right pain. How many others are experiencing this and simply don't bother to keep trying I wonder.

Are you using IE?? if so switch to Firefox..

Thanks Lee - and there has been ad ad blocker banner started appearing at the bottom of the screen this last day or two. Will try that.

You mean an advert for an Ad Blocker??? wouldn't recommend clicking on that if that is the case.. we have no control of the adverts Google throw at the site.. Adverts for software can be a bit dodgy.

Best place to download software is http://download.cnet.com/windows/ they check if they are virus/mailware free..

No, I meant a banner stating that certain security programs were causing delays in running the website, gives you the option to disbale those which cause the biggest delays.

And yes, I'm using IE -

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD][h=1]"Internet Explorer has closed this webpage to help protect your computer[/h][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: errorCodeAndDivider, align: right]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][h=3]A malfunctioning or malicious add-on has caused Internet Explorer to close this webpage."[/h][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

And yes, I'm using IE -[TABLE]

[TR]

[/TR]

[TR]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Switch to Firefox, IE is very slow at the best of times & most of the problems reported to us only appear with IE.

• 2 months later...

Anybody on AOL having problems accessing the forum? I keep getting "Website off line" this site uses cloudflare, no cached archive available.

Was ok this morning, using I.E. at moment

Help

Mark

Anybody on AOL having problems accessing the forum? I keep getting "Website off line" this site uses cloudflare, no cached archive available.

Was ok this morning, using I.E. at moment

Help

Mark

We are having some issues at the moment, may or may not be related.. will keep informed..

• 2 weeks later...

I pm'd Joris on this but as I am here.....

I am online for hours at a time with no problems BUT three times out of the last five times that I have visited HMVF as I click to view a post the computer starts a full scan that uses 100% of CPU capacity and freezes everything for ages.

This has only happened when visiting this site over the last three days or so..... It is possible that it is coincidence but I throw it out there in case it rings bells with other users.

Regards rog8811

I pm'd Joris on this but as I am here.....

I am online for hours at a time with no problems BUT three times out of the last five times that I have visited HMVF as I click to view a post the computer starts a full scan that uses 100% of CPU capacity and freezes everything for ages.

This has only happened when visiting this site over the last three days or so..... It is possible that it is coincidence but I throw it out there in case it rings bells with other users.

Regards rog8811

Sounds like an problem with your PC.. no reported forum problems recently..

Other people on other forums reporting the same thing, I have rolled my computer back to before the last microsoft update, problem solved!

Here is the conspiracy theory.....

Microsoft want us all to buy windows7 so the updates they are producing are slowly bringing XP to a standstill.....

Other people on other forums reporting the same thing, I have rolled my computer back to before the last microsoft update, problem solved!

Here is the conspiracy theory.....

Microsoft want us all to buy windows7 so the updates they are producing are slowly bringing XP to a standstill.....

Are you still using IE?? if so swap & start using Firefox, very few problems & much faster than IE.. Chrome is good too..

Every time I go into the eBay classifieds over the last day or two, the page gets half loaded (all the posts shown but adverts / banners or sidebar not showing fully) then the page freezes, have to use task manager to close it. Three different computers running two different OSs so it's not the computer.

Every time I go into the eBay classifieds over the last day or two, the page gets half loaded (all the posts shown but adverts / banners or sidebar not showing fully) then the page freezes, have to use task manager to close it. Three different computers running two different OSs so it's not the computer.

Tried it no problems, no other reported problems so far..

banners or sidebar not showing fully

There is no Sidebar in the classified section??

Thanks Lee, all is fine today. There was definitely an issue; I suspect it was hanging at a third party file that wasn't being served correctly.

There is no Sidebar in the classified section??

Might be why it's not showing then!

this site keeps freezing on me no problems with other googling ect keep getting hour glass and have to end program its not my computer either anyone else experiencing this ! :computerrage:

No reported problems so far.. what OS are you using? IE?

this site keeps freezing on me no problems with other googling ect keep getting hour glass and have to end program its not my computer either anyone else experiencing this ! :computerrage:

Nope, all ok here