Joris

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am looking into this

It's worth noting that for some reason the DNS change is taking an extraordinarily long time to propagate. I've only just (Thursday) got HMVF back at home, it's been OK at work since Monday.

Andy

It's worth noting that for some reason the DNS change is taking an extraordinarily long time to propagate. I've only just (Thursday) got HMVF back at home, it's been OK at work since Monday.

Andy

It's worth deleting your cookies & tmp internet files as you may of been viewing cached pages..

It's worth deleting your cookies & tmp internet files as you may of been viewing cached pages..

Unfortunately not - it's definitely a DNS problem. Testing with nslookup shows my ISP's DNS servers are resolving to an IP address that's totally different to other ones I've checked, and my browser keeps trying to redirect to pathfinderservices.com, which doesn't exist! :embarrassed:

Andy

Ok talked to the server managers, again, and there was a configuration error on their side. All things should be back to normal within 24hours. Sorry about this!

I also complained about the downtime yesterday afternoon and it had to do with someone else f8cking over the database server. I'll keep an eye on this!

I've had the same problem as Andy reported in post#33. This happened at 15.10hours today and has been a recurring problem since the new year, got on site by googling. I'll try to capture the screen if it goes wierd again;)

Try deleting your cookies, tmp internet files & browser history, remove from favorites & then rebookmark the forum. It's possible you are accessing a cached page.

I had the same problem until I did that lot.

This is the first time I have been able to access the site, never mind try to log in, for a week.

Also this is my third attempt to post this message.

The first time I hit reply and got the http://www.pathfinderservices.com can not be found screen again.

So I took the opportunity to grab it to post.

Second time when I hit submit reply I was back to the screen again.

hmvf access problem.jpg

If you read through the thread you'll see there has been a dns propagation problem.. this wil resolve itself it time.

Try using another web browser, there are a lot of problems with Firefox accessing certain website.. HMVF being one of them, there is a thread on this somewhere.

That's very similar to the problems I had until yesterday - my ISP's DNS was resolving hmvf.co.uk to 213.175.200.1 instead of 213.175.210.110, which seemed to redirect both my browsers (Firefox 3.6.13 on Fedora 14 and IE7 on WinXP) to the non-existent pathfinderservices.com. Both addresses are within eUKhost's IP address range, which gives me sneaky feeling that all is not well somewhere in their infrastructure?

Andy

After my last post I then had this within a few minutes

[ATTACH=CONFIG]40232[/ATTACH]

If I have any more issues I will try Opera and report.

That's strange because if we exceed our bandwidth & they suspend us it affects everyone at the same time, we haven't exceeded our bandwidth in about a year since upgrading servers.

That's very similar to the problems I had until yesterday - my ISP's DNS was resolving hmvf.co.uk to 213.175.200.1 instead of 213.175.210.110, which seemed to redirect both my browsers (Firefox 3.6.13 on Fedora 14 and IE7 on WinXP) to the non-existent pathfinderservices.com. Both addresses are within eUKhost's IP address range, which gives me sneaky feeling that all is not well somewhere in their infrastructure?

Andy

Yeah there was a misconfiguration in their server, fixed now (after nagging and nagging).