Had anyone FAMOUS in your MV?

N.O.S.

We had our GMC at the First Goodwood Revival event and were entailed to run VIP's from their drop off point outside the circuit across the road round a bit of the circuit and then into the middle to be dropped off outside the main tent we were helping the guests down the steps from the back of the truck when I gave out my hand to help the next person and who was it, you will never guess....... Murray Walker OMG.......How cool is that, I was well chuffed.

We had our GMC at the First Goodwood Revival event and were entailed to run VIP's from their drop off point outside the circuit across the road round a bit of the circuit and then into the middle to be dropped off outside the main tent.

I was there as well, and one of my passengers was Eddie Jordan of F1 racing team fame.

In May I had the privilege to take my Sherman to Pilsen in the Czech republic for their 65th anniversary liberation celebrations. It was also a privilege to be the first Sherman in Pilsen since 1945,but this pales into insignificant as I had the honour of giving a ride in my Sherman to 92 year old Eric Petterson who actualy drove one of the first Sherman's into Pilsen in May 1945. Here is a photo of him.

RoadtoVictory2ndArmouredtrip056.jpg

jim

Jack :D ............. sorry best I can do :blush:

Although my jeep was once owned by Peter de Savaray (if anyone has heard of him), he had it painted bright orange, traces of which I found on some of the bits during restoration.

Well, it's not a military vehicle, but John Rhys-Davies has been on, in and around my '72 88" Land-Rover quite a few times. It was used as a prop for the "Archaeology" TV programme in the US, produced by the Discovery Channel (it may have aired as "Time Travelers" or somesuch in the UK), with John Rhys narrating the opening an closing sequences, leaning against the Rover. The Rover appeared in two dozen, 1/2 hour episodes over three years. (I appeared as an extra in four or five shows, but only the Rover was paid a performance fee!)

He's a hell of a nice guy - and owns (or owned) 5 Land-Rovers, including a 130" Luten-bodied workshop vehicle which I believe 'lives' on his estate on the Isle of Man. Another 109" lives in Kenya. He's not at all keen on "modern" coil-sprung Rovers with all that electrickery....:D

Cheers