Wings and wheels elvington

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great show

Turned up with the lightweight on Sun lunchtime and spent a very enjoyable (if cold !) day..

My only complaint - more catering please !

But that is nitpicking really so thanks for organising - will deffo be there again next year prob for weekend..

Cheers

Yes catering indeed... Could'nt get a hotdog!!!

Timbo, did I pass you on the M1 A1 link at about 11.30?

Some info about it here:

http://www.emlra.org/articles/berlin_brigade.htm

Hope it's of interest. Our very own Clive is responsible for setting me off in the right direction for researching that one, he provided the name of the man responsible, I tracked him down and he was kind enough to talk to me about it.

All the best

Thanks. Thats very interesting. I see in the latest MMI that there is a Chieftan with the same camouflage scheme in NZ. I wonder what the sheep make of that.

More great photos. Thanks for posting them.

Tim

I've got to say that the NAAFI is excellent. The catereres there are really on top of their game and even when the que is stretching out the door they get everyone served very quickly and the food is really very good... well done to them too... saved me taking any cooking gear :D

Yes I did miss the first pass, as you say it suddenly just appeared above me and I had no time to get it. Should have zoomed out a bit more with the camera when it came over again but ah well I was lucky that I even got this as just as I finished the battery gave up and that was the end of that!

• 3 weeks later...
That goes for anyone else, if I've missed your vehicle from the "Wheels & Wings" website and you want it adding, please email me a picture ( min 700px wide ) using the link on the 2010 Gallery page.

Hello

No picture of my ferret either. Jessie the Jeep, please could you PM me your email address, I'd like to also send a photo of mine too.

Cheers

Matt

Matt, I thought you said your vehicle wasn't on the site! Picture 19, first page in PW section!!!

pw19.jpg

Anyway, the new pics are now uploaded ;-)

I seriously must be blind..... :-)

I think when I looked before I was looking in the Armour and Artillery gallery.

Thanks for uploading the other photos. Much appreciated.

Cheers

Matt