Wings and wheels elvington

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jack, I hope you aren't going to whimp out at the last minute? I've been assured good weather by several of the organisers, and they've all promised ( albeit fingers crossed ) that they won't shave your head! :D

Well it looks like I am going to have too :-( I have major operational issues down here and this is all to with the aftermath of the volcano that caused major disruptation. I missed Route to Victory last weekend too for the same reasons. Working the hours I do have taken it toll and is leaving me very exhausted lately. The saying all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy - that isn't far from the truth.

We've been having delays up here with goods. We're waiting on a large shipment of paint that was meant to be flying out of the USA at the time the volcano first erupted. Three plus weeks later, still no sign and dozens of customers with stuff on back order.

We've been having delays up here with goods. We're waiting on a large shipment of paint that was meant to be flying out of the USA at the time the volcano first erupted. Three plus weeks later, still no sign and dozens of customers with stuff on back order.

Yes there are still major disruptions around the world. At one point BA had 3000 pilots and crew all in the wrong places and their planes were all over the place too. Logistic nightmare.

Guys

I'm trying to find details of public opening times of wheels and wings, and a schedule of events. I can't see anything on the website or on the Yorkshire Air Museum site. Can anyone shed any light?

Matt

Gates open 10am for public I believe and close at 5pm. There was meant to be the BBMF Lancaster doing a flypast, but to the best of my knowledge, it is grounded through a fuel valve fault. I don't know if there are any firing demos like last year and haven't been provided with any other info for the website ( it's me that does the Yorkshire MVT and Wheels and Wings show websites ).

Steve