Wings and wheels elvington

hi coming in the car because of toddler if i show our MVT membership cards at the gate will that work ,,:-)

I was wondering the same thing pmw. So if we show our MVT cards we will be allowed entry?

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't confirm that 100% as I don't know if it is the Yorkshire MVT running the gate, or the Yorkshire Air Museum. I would have thought MVT members could get in, but I only do the show website, I don't have any involvment with the show organisation, so don't know for sure.

I'm leaving shortly, come and say hello to Bodge and myself beside the Dakota ( hopefully ).

Who knows. He'll be lucky to have his truck. He ran the tank dry yesterday and filled the carb full of crap. Spent the day stripping it down, cleaning and rebuilding it.

Tell him to put more fuel in it!

I can't confirm that 100% as I don't know if it is the Yorkshire MVT running the gate, or the Yorkshire Air Museum. I would have thought MVT members could get in, but I only do the show website, I don't have any involvment with the show organisation, so don't know for sure.

I'm leaving shortly, come and say hello to Bodge and myself beside the Dakota ( hopefully ).

Thank you very much for the quick reply. Looks like a few of us could be 'sheltering' in or under the Dakota tomorrow, looking at the weather forecast. :-(:-|:D

Hi

Never been to this event before, I am thinking of driving over from Lancashire in a WW1 Crossley if it will get over blubberhouses and the brakes hold up, then kip in the back Sat night if there’s anyone who would cook my breakfast or is there a breakfast caterer on site?

Hope it doesn't rain, no windscreen! and if you see me stopped I may need a tow!

Surprisingly I have a rope, but no starter and I cannot start it on the handle, although I guess there will be someone who can show me how to!

Any Volunteers?

Tom

let me know how you went on smithy regarding your mvt card and getting in ..:-)

Just got back from a great day out. Thought I would let you know private mw that I got in ok with my MVT card. If you just show it to the people on the gate by the caravan who are taking the money then they should let you in.

Yes it was very busy and once you were in the confines of the buildings and where all the vehicles were then it wasn't too cold at all despite being on an airfield.

Will do a full show report and pictures in a while as just re-charging the batteries on the camera as took a load of pictures. :-D

Yes it was very busy and once you were in the confines of the buildings and where all the vehicles were then it wasn't too cold at all despite being on an airfield.

Will do a full show report and pictures in a while as just re-charging the batteries on the camera as took a load of pictures. :-D

Come on Smithy! PICTURES!!

Come on Smithy! PICTURES!!

Ok ok here are the first batch! :D

It was the first time that I had been to this show and I must say that I was very impressed with what was on offer. There were over 200 vehicles on show (I have never seen so many jeeps together before!) whilst the museum was also open and along with the living history groups there was plenty to see and do.

Nice to meet up with Bodge and Jessie The Jeep and one I shall look to attend again in the future.

Right onto the pictures and I will start with some of the bigger stuff that was on show.

008.jpg

067.jpg

021.jpg

014.jpg

004.jpg

019.jpg

060.jpg

069.jpg

Hi

Never been to this event before, I am thinking of driving over from Lancashire in a WW1 Crossley if it will get over blubberhouses and the brakes hold up, then kip in the back Sat night if there’s anyone who would cook my breakfast or is there a breakfast caterer on site?

Hope it doesn't rain, no windscreen! and if you see me stopped I may need a tow!

Surprisingly I have a rope, but no starter and I cannot start it on the handle, although I guess there will be someone who can show me how to!

Any Volunteers?

Tom

Oh yes and this one made it!

120.jpg