Wings and wheels elvington

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got back 15 minutes ago. Fantastic weekend, completely knackered, but good to meet some fellow HMVF'ers. I've got 300+ photos to sort through for the show website, but I'll dig out a few for here too over the next day or so.

Edited by Jessie The Jeep

good display daurter had plenty of quesions about it ,brill day no mones about been bored just insayshuble apertite ,look forward to the next one hope to bring the mog ,need to start saving for the fuel 200 mile round trip worth it.

One heck of a turn out. Looks like a brilliant show. Interested to see the landy in the Berlin urban camouflage. I have only seen that on MBT's before. Certainly looks a bit different. Very eye catching.

Some info about it here:

http://www.emlra.org/articles/berlin_brigade.htm

Hope it's of interest. Our very own Clive is responsible for setting me off in the right direction for researching that one, he provided the name of the man responsible, I tracked him down and he was kind enough to talk to me about it.

All the best

Edited by Lardrover
finger trouble

is that a Rhodesian Landrover I see there?

nice pics

Mark

oops, just spotted the South African flag!!!!!!!!!! Still nice though

It is, I think he's on here, certainly on EMLRA forum. Interesting water and fuel tank arrangement. We shared a brew on the runway at Leuchars, the way you do...

nice pics guys, was a good week end, no complaints at all. The Crossley must be turbo charged, it was leading from the front on the road run, I was at the back and we were going at a fair pace. The Crossley won the best in show BTW.

Did anyone get a pics of us all coming through the woods at the former airbase at Riccall? - sorry if you were the cameraman I covered in dust!

SS852844.jpg

SS852842.jpg

Edited by Simon Daymond

Our display changed around a little through the weekend, but here's a snap from first thing this morning. I used my fantastic negotiating skills to get us the spot beside the C-47.

[ATTACH]26821[/ATTACH]

He actually bullied us till he got his own way !!! LOL

Cheers

Tim

He actually bullied us till he got his own way !!! LOL

Cheers

Tim

Sorry 'bout that Tim... he's insuffereable if he dosen't get his own way... never heard such language!! Well done again for a top event and thank the good lady for letting my dad win on the raffle... it made his day (even if the miserable ol' git won with my ticket) :D

I think I can safely post here ,on behalf of everyone on the team that worked on getting this event together to say a big thank you to all who turned out to support us ,with vehicles,displays and just stepping through the gate , people making the effort to turn out makes everything worthwhile .

Thank you all.

PS should be interesting when that prize is opened eventually !!!

Edited by whistlinwolf

I think I can safely post here ,on behalf of everyone on the team that worked on getting this event together to say a big thank you to all who turned out to support us ,with vehicles,displays and just stepping through the gate , people making the effort to turn out makes everything worthwhile .

Thank you all.

PS should be interesting when that prize is opened eventually !!!

You'll probably hear it :-D

Nice pictures of what looked to be a really good show.

I like the museum anyway so a fwe MVs thrown in can only help.

Maybe one to put on the list for next year.

Mike

Notes to self

Sdo not agree to go up to London for drinks with the wife without checking dates.

Hopefully I will not have to plant another hedge next year either.

Must get Land Rover working properly.

As a useless point of information, the amphibious Jeep is not what it looks like, i.e. a Ford GPA. it is instead a VERY rare Gaz 46. Only fifteen are known to exist in private hands, another one of which in Lancashire with my friends :D. I had heard of this one, which I understand has been recently acquired from Poland, but until this weekend I had not seen it yet. My friends' Gaz 46 instead was at Elvington last year.

I just hope they are going to get rid of the pink camo canvas and seats. Mechanically it is identical to my own Gaz 69A :D... except of course for the propeller shaft etc.

ElvingtonForumk.jpg

advance warning!!!! We may be coming up next year, fiancee says that she is quite willing (read virtually insisting!!!) to go to a weekend show for our honeymoon!!!! As I proposed to her in York, I thought that it would be appropriat to attend this show next year. We have decided to get married on a weekday (friday) and this show would fit the bill perfictly!!! (yellow landy with "just married and balloons!!!)

All the best

Mark

Edited by chevpol

Great show

Turned up with the lightweight on Sun lunchtime and spent a very enjoyable (if cold !) day..

My only complaint - more catering please !

But that is nitpicking really so thanks for organising - will deffo be there again next year prob for weekend..

Cheers