Leyland DAF Drops and fv432

barrynevuk

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

Just read through all the threads and i have a few comments

Right hand drive good idea but sldt s26 i have two of them are very rare only 96 made something like that there are a few in a scrap yard called hamptons but he is expensive very.

I have just converted a s26 sldt (rhd) to a hook loader . I went to dave crouch to buy some bits came away with a foden drops .So i have a s26 6x6 hookloader for sale now.

Scammells are great trucks if you look at a daf there are loads of scammell parts on them .http://www.armedforces.co.uk/army/listings/l0146.html

They give unladen weight at 14040kg so near 18000kg payload

Have you ever put a 432 on a weigh bridge? 14ton mine was not just over 12800kg as far a width the nbc pod removed it not so wide. I would put one on the back.

Drive with respect round bends if yyou know what i mean. I am going to put my saladin on mine. the only thing i have problem with is overall hight it will be high on the back of a foden.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Barry.

steering oil level

Pump drive adaptor

pump shaft.

Emergency change over valve in the chassis.

First can you put a pressure gauge on the supply to the box to see if you have pressure there, and if not it could be the pump.

Did the power steering warning light come on when you were driving.

also check the emergecy pump on the gearbox

Hope this is of some help

Clive

protruckservices.com

Edited by protruck

As i am told iit not true all you have to do is change pump injecters and turbo to make it a 305????

In the Rolls C6NFL, (175 BHP) the NA version does not have the same con rods as the C6TFL (300 BHP)

I think this approach will throw a rod through the crankcase... (opinion)

over revving is the biggest danger to a rod...there are other mods but if you just increase the charge and the rods are not too weak they should be okay but going from 175 to 300 is a big hike. It will likely affect something long term if the engines made by rolls are anything to go by...

Are we talking about a Foden 8 wheeler with a Rolls 220 Eagle non turbo or an S26 DROPS with a Perkins 350 turbo?

Stal108 was talking about the 220 Rolls Eagle fitted to the Foden LMLC, as in the picture posed by Barry, and power queried by paul

Mike was talking about the C6 Rolls range – don’t know why

Stal108 was talking about the 220 Rolls Eagle fitted to the Foden LMLC, as in the picture posed by Barry, and power queried by paul

Mike was talking about the C6 Rolls range – don’t know why

Cos its what I know and a lot of the parts are the same (ish) My point being if in the c6 you don't have the same rods, in NA and Turbo version, In the 200 305 etc, again the rods and other internals may well be different.