Fuel prices again.....

ArtistsRifles

Listening to the early morning news they reckon petrol will hit over £1.10/litre BEFORE Xmas and the return to 17.5% VAT in January. :-(

Aside from the knock on effect on shops and transport prices if those prices are held then W&P is likely going to be a bit quieter next year. Both the cost of getting the heavier stuff there and then their running costs whilst there are going to pass into the crippling zone.... :shocked: :-( :-( :-(

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Listening to the early morning news they reckon petrol will hit over £1.10/litre BEFORE Xmas and the return to 17.5% VAT in January. :-(

Oh Neil - I wish it would come back down to that .

Fuel light came on in the truck Saturday night on the way home so Sunday I went to the local fuel station where we have our account .........

Diesel - £1.12/litre

Edited by snowtracdave
spelling

Have to agree with you there Neil - but.............look at how much a bottle of mineral water costs.

Anybody remember the 'Mineral Water' that was sold, I think by Coca-Cola, that was actually filtered tap water?? Can't remember what it was called.

Oh Neil - I wish it would come back down to that .

Fuel light came on in the truck Saturday night on the way home so Sunday I went to the local fuel station where we have our account .........

Diesel - £1.12/litre

Ouch!! :-( :-(

Around here Petrol is around £1.06/litre and Diesel around £1.08/litre. Thats bad enough... Report I heard reckoned by next summer it could get have reached over £1.50 a litre unless the supermarkets launch another price war.

It's bad enough hitting our hobby - but most of the stuff we buy in shops is road hauled so everything is going to go up- even Jacks beer and mineral water!!!

Anybody remember the 'Mineral Water' that was sold, I think by Coca-Cola, that was actually filtered tap water?? Can't remember what it was called.

Tap water in countries like Holland is actually of better quality than most mineral waters sold in bottles. And we use it to flush the toilet, wash the car and water the garden. How´s that for prosperity!?!?!?

H.

Ouch!! :-( :-(

Around here Petrol is around £1.06/litre and Diesel around £1.08/litre. Thats bad enough... Report I heard reckoned by next summer it could get have reached over £1.50 a litre unless the supermarkets launch another price war.

I suspect that a lot of other people weren't impressed either and business went a bit quiet as his prices today are back down to £1.10/ltr for diesel & £1.09 for petrol .

• 1 month later...

Just been to Tesco's and saw the fuel is now £1.13.9 for diesel. Are they having a F laugh. That's about the third rise in about two weeks round here. They constantly tell us that they can't drop the price when it's going down as they buy in advance. So why is it when more people are using fuel over the last few weeks due to the cold snap the price rises immediately? It's daylight robbery pure and simple...:banghead:

Just been to Tesco's and saw the fuel is now £1.13.9 for diesel. Are they having a F laugh. That's about the third rise in about two weeks round here. They constantly tell us that they can't drop the price when it's going down as they buy in advance. So why is it when more people are using fuel over the last few weeks due to the cold snap the price rises immediately? It's daylight robbery pure and simple...:banghead:

If you are in Reading, try the Shell garage on Shinfield road or just by J11 of the M4. They sell petrol for 107.9, and diesel is only a few pence more. Asda is also cheap.

A question for you. If a litre of Petrol is 107.9 (well it is currently at my local station), how does this price break down? What does the Petrol company get, and how is the tax and duty made up? Just like to know.

so that is close to 70% tax on fuel plus the tax you pay on your wages in the first place and the tax you pay on your vehicle plus the tax you pay to drive into London and the tax from the camera when you go a bit too fast,its a wonder there is anything on the road round here

Nigel

The W&P organizers ought to be getting a bit worried then.... If fuel goes on climbing in price a lot of the owners of the heavy stuff won't be able to afford the low-loaders!! :cry:

I not quite sure about that, if you can afford to purchase, maintain and store a 'heavy vehicle' I guess anything tracked like a 432 or anything over CCKW size, then the extra 10-30p per litre fuel rise, by W&P wouldn't hurt that much would it?

I'd have thought (with my limited experience in such things) would be the least expensive outlay?

Obviously feel free to correct Mr Naive:angel:(Me)