Andrew jakson news jailed

phil munga

good job [MOD EDITTED AS THIS PERSON HAS NO CONNECTION WITH THIS CRIME] bought the Saracen in 2003, that eventually became mine in 2005!, hope they let you out soon Andrew....

regards Oily

Edited by Marmite!!
Removed name

Well this perhaps expains that resurrection of the export permit on mil vehicles going on holidays etc you guys have to deal with now.

The HM Customs guys most likely got a b****** and they ressurect a 1942 law!

So perhaps he should spend a few more years in prison as if it is part of the reason then he messed it for everyone

Edited by Marmite!!

Export or die,I say. I am fed up about hearing about BAE systems and corruption. So what if you have to give a Rolls Royce to an Arab prince to secure a contract for a billion pounds worth of fighter aircraft providing jobs to British workers.

If Mr Jackson didnt sell them the vehicles then somebody else would have. I can think of a lot of unpatriotic people walking the streets who deserve to be in jail far more than mr Jackson.

I don't want to start a avalance of vitriol on this guy, he even perhaps is a nice bloke, I am just curious at the timing as this export permits for ex mil vehicles has been resurrected, my guess as a knee jerk to this.

He did break the law, so whatever our nice part of our brain may think he should get whatever the punishment is. As you have pointed out the whole problem the higher up the food chain you get the less likely they will get 'busted'.

So if he didn't get punished people would be saying how come 'is he different, special'.

Overseas corruption is rampant, I recall an UK exec getting busted for supplying Land Rovers to government officials in a dusty land to get preferential contracts. The vehicles were replacement for crashed ones, the catch was the wrecked ones were always the same vehicle with the plates changed.

Everyone knew about it but I guess he annoyed someone one day and the company held him out to dry.

good job [MOD EDITTED AS THIS PERSON HAS NO CONNECTION WITH THIS CRIME] bought the Saracen in 2003, that eventually became mine in 2005!, hope they let you out soon Andrew....

regards Oily

What has that got to do with Andrew Jackson giong to prison ?

Edited by Marmite!!
Removed name

As a prison officer, and therefore (under German law) an officer of the court, I can only comment that Jackson displayed some criminal energy in exporting these vehicles. There was a blatant attempt to obviously circumvent the laws on exporting military equipment. That corruption is rampant in the "third world" is neither here nor there. That top executives get away with it is mostly because of political interference in the judicial system. That someone else will, if you don't is someone else's problem! They have to carry the can if they get caught.

You break the law, you get caught, you get punished. It's as simple as that!

So the question is, How much stuff is sat in Jacksons yard, and how much of it will be impounded and then sold off as "Proceeds of crime" as the £5000 fine doesnt amount to squat.

And if he has made £500,000 out of the deal to Sudan, thats alot of kit to auction to raise that kind of money, nobody with half a brain is going to overbid for items on behalf of Customs and Excise.

I find all this a bit strange fair enough break the law and face the results but put the boot on the other foot and take a look at all the stuff being imported including tanks guns and small arms. When the eastern block collapsed we were flooded with equipment from all over the place just a thought

I find all this a bit strange fair enough break the law and face the results but put the boot on the other foot and take a look at all the stuff being imported including tanks guns and small arms. When the eastern block collapsed we were flooded with equipment from all over the place just a thought

There isn't an Arms Embargo against the UK so no laws are being broken...

A Southwark Crown Court in London heard that Andrew Jackson, 46, ignored repeated official warnings not to export the 15 amphibious personnel carriers to the African state (The bloody conflict in that country has already claimed more than 300,000 lives and displaced millions of others).

Edited by Marmite!!

So the question is, How much stuff is sat in Jacksons yard, and how much of it will be impounded and then sold off as "Proceeds of crime" as the £5000 fine doesnt amount to squat.

And if he has made £500,000 out of the deal to Sudan, thats alot of kit to auction to raise that kind of money, nobody with half a brain is going to overbid for items on behalf of Customs and Excise.

The £5,000 fine was probably the max the courts could hand down... don't forget they can seize personal property when recovering proceeds of crime so could go for his house as well, they would probably go for the easiest route, esp if he funded new property through the deal..

I was just looking at his website : http://www.ljacksonandco.com/

I dont know how his incarceration will be viewed by the MOD for any future disposal contracts, not too well i should imagine.

http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm200809/cmhansrd/cm091110/text/91110w0014.htm#09111070000037

10 Nov 2009 : Column 234W

Mr. Quentin Davies: The list of DSA’s current contractors that sell surplus MOD equipment is provided as follows.

L. Jackson and Company Ltd. (currently under review by DSA)