Look What I've Gone & Done Now

snowtracdave

My camera / puter haven't reproduced the shade very accurately - I think it is a bit brighter than it ought to be .

Suppose I'll have to find a woolly hat for the bluey :-D although like some of the other lights it's a bit intermittant . The two tones work a treat though - just ask Phil - he really got quite a bit of space between him and the ground when I accidentally pulled the wrong switch as he stood in front . :cool2:

Jack - I know you're just jealous cos it's got a roof.......and a heater........

and it starts . ( Did you get my message about the tractor by the way ? )

Dodgy Dave

PS - Need to get myself a pair of American pattern fuel cans sometime . How much am I likely to have to pay these days and where might I get them from ?

Thanks chaps .

These are made post war but virtually identical to a ww2 can plus they are nearly new and not rusty inside

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Jerrycan-ex-USA_W0QQitemZ230361294030QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Cars_Parts_Vehicles_Other_Vehicle_Parts_Accessories_ET?hash=item35a29a64ce&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Well done Dave - they are a real nice peice of history. What made you go for a WW11 vehicle?

They are just one of those vehicles which have appealed to me................ probably since I first saw one .

I almost bought one a few years ago but that one needed a lot of work and also shipping from the other side of the country and the total cost was more than I could afford at the time . Two years ago I said I was going to get one......last year I said I was definitely going to get one........This year I promised myself that I was going to buy the first one that came up for sale...think this was actually the third I've seen and within my reach financially .

It also feels something of a privilege to me to own something as venerable and this and which may at some point have played it's part in those historic events so many years ago .

From experience with my other , more modern vehicles , I would guess that it is virtually impossible to trace the history of something like this but I am quite happy just to enjoy a long anticipated ownership - and the smiles & waves I've already been getting starting from five minutes after we picked it up yesterday & I was in the petrol station filing it up .:)

It also feels something of a privilege to me to own something as venerable and this and which may at some point have played it's part in those historic events so many years ago .

Just perfect Dave.

I am quite happy just to enjoy a long anticipated ownership - and the smiles & waves I've already been getting starting from five minutes after we picked it up yesterday & I was in the petrol station filing it up .:)

WW11 vehicles do have this appeal - they are very special, every single one of them. I am really pleased for you!