hi smithy, that diamond belonged to a chap in sussex and the davis family have had it for many years, since purchasing it the poor old girl has always lived outside, i do not think it will ever be restored and it is gradually fading away, the problem is that all the equipment they have is in trust and i doubt if anybody could buy it, it,s a great shame, all the best, tony g.

Tony wooD u call arthur wen u can I can noT CALL U ARTHUR :wow:

• 3 weeks later...

Here's something a bit different!

A flashback to 1968 - I think Exmouth station, a contractor lifting the Budleigh Salterton to Sidmouth Junction line was using a DT to haul materials and supplies.

(Photo believed to be a crop of an image by S P Derek in the Middleton Press book Branchlines to Exmouth).

Exeter 1968.jpg

Edited by N.O.S.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]109980[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]109979[/ATTACH]

hej David. yes, its my playroom. i develope it the whole time. you are welcome over to see for yoursef //Olle

Must be great feeling walking that street full of these big historic beauty's.

Myself I'm missing a place to keep all my T's inside so some have to stay outside sadly enough...

Klaas

davitarmenokt2015 1380.jpg

Edited by mack nr

Must be great feeling walking that street full of these big historic beauty's.

Myself I'm missing a place to keep all my T's inside so some have to stay outside sadly enough...

Klaas

hej klaas

i know how it feels when they are standing outside even if its only for a week. //olle

DSC_5580.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I.ve seen pictures of wynns Diamond T s and there heavy hauling antics but I must admit to being a bit chuffed with this one.

It shows ODW 937 heading a push-pull outfit form Tipton to Bradwell power station in 1957.

The lead T has the Nash and Morgan cab but the pusher looks pretty original.

The reason I,m chuffed is that this T was only 21 vehicles ahead of mine on the production line in Chicago and the picture is about

200 m from my house.

Small world, you might say

The pic is from a short film on you tube, called giant girder on the move.

image.jpg

I.ve seen pictures of wynns Diamond T s and there heavy hauling antics but I must admit to being a bit chuffed with this one.

It shows ODW 937 heading a push-pull outfit form Tipton to Bradwell power station in 1957.

The lead T has the Nash and Morgan cab but the pusher looks pretty original.

The reason I,m chuffed is that this T was only 21 vehicles ahead of mine on the production line in Chicago and the picture is about

200 m from my house.

Small world, you might say

The pic is from a short film on you tube, called giant girder on the move.

Somewhere on Youtube there is a film of two Pickford's Diamond T's going at some speed over (I think) Vauxhall Bridge in London, with a trailer, I have looked for this film on there but can not find it any more, if any one has seen it can they tell me what the film is called, Thanks you in advance.

Dizzy-t

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
spotted this pic in a book recently, southampton 1943. Tiger 131 and a Diamond T with a Panther, what happened to the Panther Ausf A?

Hi Barry,

Could you let me know the details of the book from which you took the picture of the Tiger being driven through Southampton please, because my friend Ray Clark believes the driver is his father Stanley. Ray said his father had driven Tiger 131 through several towns in the country to show the general public a German Tank, possibly to raise morale, or was it to raise money? I would be interested to hear other people opinions.

Tony.