hi dizzy, thanks for your reply, if you go on flicker diamond t wreckers you will find two photos of watts of lydney diamond in colour, all the best ,tony g.

Thanks Tony, but could not find them on there, was going to send you a photo that I have that Watts sent to me, but could not find your emial address. I wish I had kept intouch with the chap who worked for the FTA and used to do all our trucks, he used

to drive the Gloucester Diamond T so would have been able to possibly have photos of his own, but have not seen him for 15 years or more

• 1 month later...
Any pictures Dick?

Sorry no, but you could try googling in Rush Green Motors and see what comes up, a freind of mine was after the old girl and had cleared a lot of the folliage away. as he was planning to buy it, but the price keeps going up, cant understand the owner, he wants to sell all the vehicle's most it rare, but then defies people to buy them, .

Regards from

Dick

PS. If your on Facebook then you can join my WW11.Diamond T all models group and I will get the guy who took the photos to re do them.

Dear John. One Murphy Diamond T is in Rush Green Motors, every time any one shows interst in this vehicle the price goes up.

Thanks dizzy- t , I have just found another ex Murphy T in the same county but not RG Motors, bought for spares only, but assume these two were on one of the Hertfordshire motorway contracts ? Will upload some photos when we collect.

Thanks dizzy- t , I have just found another ex Murphy T in the same county but not RG Motors, bought for spares only, but assume these two were on one of the Hertfordshire motorway contracts ? Will upload some photos when we collect.

Not worth saving then?, would love a Diamond T sign off it if there is one to spare please,

Hi Ollie

We are taking two T's to Yorkshire Wartime Experience are you able to come over for that event?

Just up the M18 from Hull. DD

hej DD

not planned that bec i have a lot of work now in the shop when the sun started to shine, but will go to W&P.

//olleCIMG0781.jpg

So here is a sad looking 980 ( ex Murphys ) last job construction of the A10, driven into a yard 25 plus years ago and had the elements eat away at her tinwork but sound below !!. We lifted the remains of the cab off and put in the ballast box for the journey home !

This is going to be cut up for spares. a, to complete the parts I need for a 981 project at home ( that will then be for sale as a restoration package) and b, first dibs to those on the forum for what I don't need before the mighty eBay.

IMG_5512.jpg

IMG_5506.jpg

IMG_5505.jpg

IMG_5509.jpg

IMG_5515.jpg

IMG_5514.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I have made 7 x 1.35th scale model Diamond T's so far and have another project on my hands, but I need good photos (side view & rear of vehicle) of Annis's of Hayes Middlesex original cabbed Diamond T, this is for my transfers, I will be displaying all 8 Diamond T's at the 75th Anniversary of the 980/981 Diamond T next year, three of these models will have Roger's trailers carrying loads.

Thanks in advance.

Dizzy-t

• 4 weeks later...

hi smithy, that diamond belonged to a chap in sussex and the davis family have had it for many years, since purchasing it the poor old girl has always lived outside, i do not think it will ever be restored and it is gradually fading away, the problem is that all the equipment they have is in trust and i doubt if anybody could buy it, it,s a great shame, all the best, tony g.

DSCF6155.jpg

This is my 1/35th scale resin model of Graham Booth's EGG 160, I have just won first prize at Gaydon Model Truck Festival, for the Small & Mid Scale Heavy Haulage Outfit, not shown here, but there is a Rogers trailer being towed with a Churchill Tank aboard

• 1 month later...
Just to let you chaps know I have created an album of some snaps from this and previous years outings. I think you will have to go to my page to see them. David.

http://hmvf.co.uk/forumvb/album.php?albumid=777

Great pictures. Got my 980 started last week, first time in over 3 years. Ran half hour with very little smoke. Had to manually put starter into mesh. Have found a broken wire and foot switch needs cleaning with sw not making contact. All exciting.

• 2 weeks later...

took my 969a to the south cerney steam rally at the week end for the first time and it turned into the perfect weekend as i got to meet Adrian and Jason who attended with their 980 & 981 T's plus 3 days of perfect weather.

001.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

saturday evening me & Adrian went out onto the run way to have a go at driving each over's diamond's which was fantastic as i have been waiting to drive a 980 for a long time and i can safely say i want won :laugh:. then we were joined by a good friend of mine from Webbs transport so naturally had to have a line up.

013.jpg

012.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

like to finish off by saying another big thank you to Adrian for letting me drive his 980 as it really was a dream come true, hope next year is just as good.

cheers sam

Some great pictures there Sam, thanks for posting . So pleased that Jason could come too and that we could get three Diamonds in a row. Thank you too for the opportunity to take the 969 for a run! Agreed it was a cracking weekend and looking forward to next year, only 51 weeks and a few days to go!

Cheers,

Ade.