These look good how did you do them or.... are you able to do a few extra to sell? Thanks David

No problem to do a few more , but I still have to fill them in with black or red , as soon as somebody knows that , I can make a few .

They are zinc plates etched . Dash pannel ones are also available , and the fuel plates for the battery box are also done .

I was out with my Scammell today when a gent showed me these Libya pix and kindly gave me permission to post them here for your enjoyment, I'm ashamed to say I never asked his name. this is Libya.

07-DSCF9069.jpg

09-DSCF9071.jpg

10-DSCF9072.jpg

Edited by gritineye

• 2 weeks later...

DSCF4075 (800x600).jpg

My Mates Diamond T at the 70th anniversary at slapton on its first trip out if you have ever been to slapton you will know how tight it is to get there it not for the faint hearted it does take balls to go down there here are some more photos of it

DSCF4100 (800x600).jpg

The picture below is on the old american engineers road

DSCF4123 (800x600).jpg

I had a Brilliant weekend! It helps when there's a great set of guys, plenty of beer, and a belly full of hog roast rolls, not forgetting the 2 1/2 pasty we had for lunch as freebies. Only bad bit was jumping out of the Diamond and catching my shorts on the cab door handle on the way down and ripping them from seem to seem revealing me assets! Most enjoyable.:D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All, Just had the time and inclination to view all 30 pages, and am impressed! if I knew 15 years back the Diamond Diesels would be so popular now, I'd have never sold my 5 tonnes of ex Italian army spares!! sold it next to nothing to Jaap Rietveld, who still has loads of it, all the grey wooden boxes, full of N.O.S. parts, over 500 of the boxes alone!! anyway, that's history now.

Was surprised to see only one posting of the Diamond T 975-975A (the differences have always eluded me!) here's a nice one, any comments????

Diamond_T_975_002_-_BW.jpg

Cheers, Lex

Edited by welbike
Got it OK now!

• 1 month later...
P1070233.jpg Hi all took these pictures over the weekend, we loaded my brothers weasel on to a trailer behind my Diamond, And then set of to a local show. l didn't even know that l was towing a load behind me! Also included my mates Ward LaFrance, makes the diamond look like its little brother! :-|

IMG_0321.jpg

IMG_4719.jpg

IMG_4790.jpg

P1070192.jpg

P1070210.jpg

P1070212.jpg

Hi All, Just had the time and inclination to view all 30 pages, and am impressed! if I knew 15 years back the Diamond Diesels would be so popular now, I'd have never sold my 5 tonnes of ex Italian army spares!! sold it next to nothing to Jaap Rietveld, who still has loads of it, all the grey wooden boxes, full of N.O.S. parts, over 500 of the boxes alone!! anyway, that's history now.

Was surprised to see only one posting of the Diamond T 975-975A (the differences have always eluded me!) here's a nice one, any comments????

Diamond_T_975_002_-_BW.jpg

Cheers, Lex

Fair old load with the 1/2 track

Hi all,

Good to see a 969 towing a trailer. Hardly ever see pics of that.

I eventually want to tow a 8 ton 6 wheel trailer, a British Commonwealth design, used in WW2 with my 969. When I can find a repairable and affordable one. Would love to have an 8 ton US made trailer, but doubt any exist down-under.

You said that you hardly knew the trailer was there, implying it was very well suited and behaved. What sort of gross weight would the trailer have been? And what speeds did you travel at?

And thanks for the pictures. Had to wipe my chin!!!:)

Have a nice day.

Sam.

Hi all

My Diamond T Pulled it like a steammm train! Ok, the loadwas not huge, 2.2 ton for the weasel and another 1.5 ton for the trailer.

l know some will disagree,but l have second thoughts about the reputation of weak old petrol engines, lwill completely disagree with this. Yes, they are thirsty and it wasnoticeable, but for the few miles we do a year in them, l don't mind feedingthe monster, Plus you get that great gurgle from the engine. And my thoughtsare, it depends how well set up they are!

All in all, l had a great weekend with the diamond and weather not to bad either.

Also lifted the GMC to take a look at a rattle we had!

P1070118.jpg

P1070102.jpg

P1070108.jpg

P1070111.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...