Vehicle Documents

JakLomas

Hi everyone,

I have a document wallet for in my Land Rover 110 and I would like to find out what sort of documents would have been kept inside, I recently got the B-card from the RLC Museum and I found an equipment list that mentioned AB562 does anyone have a scanned copy of this that they could share and any other documents that would have been kept in the wallet?

Thanks,

Hi everyone,

I have a document wallet for in my Land Rover 110 and I would like to find out what sort of documents would have been kept inside, I recently got the B-card from the RLC Museum and I found an equipment list that mentioned AB562 does anyone have a scanned copy of this that they could share and any other documents that would have been kept in the wallet?

Thanks,

The AB562, which is the Vehicle Record Book was not kept in the document wallet. The unit would hold this and if the vehicle went to workshops, then the 562 would go with it.

My memory says there was an accident form in the wallet, but I forget the number.

Yep, you need a work ticket and an FMT3. Some units included the small white booklet giving instructions for Service drivers, and, if authorised to draw fuel from civilian sources in BAOR, there may be fuel coupons. and, as others have said, quite often there were contact details for duty recovery. But, don't forget, for true authenticity, you also need a cheap, half-chewed biro which only just works!

10 68

Yep, you need a work ticket and an FMT3. Some units included the small white booklet giving instructions for Service drivers, and, if authorised to draw fuel from civilian sources in BAOR, there may be fuel coupons. and, as others have said, quite often there were contact details for duty recovery. But, don't forget, for true authenticity, you also need a cheap, half-chewed biro which only just works!

10 68

You were lucky I usually had to find one

I feel that this thread has great merit and it is something I have long tried to recall myself but somehow I have little memory of the paperwork these days.

We should archive as much as we have individually and post them up here for all to see and be able to download and reprint for ourselves.

I have some papers here and will attempt to scan them and upload them.

If anyone has knowledge then please show and explain how they were filled in and used, my memory is non existent nowadays on the subject.

This thread should be wary of updates in the forms through the years and the wise ones should point this out for us all.

Of to look for my papers

A mate who was in the RAF refers to these document wallets as Form 600 wallets, I'd guess because Form 600 is the equipment demand / issue form.

If I remember rightly from trips with him in RAF vehicles, and from those vehicles I bought that escaped the disposal sales with some of their paperwork intact: Form 600 copy, accident report forms, mileage / trip / fuel record, contact details, maybe driver and recovery instructions (not sure on these), any paperwork specific to that trip, random bits of paper etc. stuffed in there for convenience.

I once bought a vehicle - can't remember what - from Aston Down that was absolutely stuffed with accident report forms. Not sure that unit had much confidence in their drivers. I also bought an RL workshop vehicle that had every drawer stuffed with Biscuits, Brown, but that's another story...

Thanks for your replies,

I've just remembered I've got another vehicle wallet that I only bought because it had some documents in it. I'll dig it out and post what I find tomorrow. It would be interesting to find an AB562 and work ticket just to record what work I've done on it for if I ever sell it as well as display.

Thanks,

Hi everyone,

This is what I've got in my vehicle document wallet now, I've added the Rules for driving in Germany, Belgium and Holland and the RCT Aide Memoire, the rest were in a document wallet from a MAN SUV.

Photo 1 shows the wallet and contents.

Photo 2 shows the kit list for the Vehicle Mechanics basic tool kit attached to the visual aid (Photo 3) and packing list for MAN SUV JU37AB (Photo 6)

Photo 4 is the procedure for breakdown and recovery

Photo 5 shows the Regimental Telephone List for 23 Engineer Regt

Photo 7 I believe is the FMT-3 which has been mentioned previously

and photo 8 is the envelope it all came in.

Thanks,

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Hi everyone,

This is what I've got in my vehicle document wallet now, I've added the Rules for driving in Germany, Belgium and Holland and the RCT Aide Memoire, the rest were in a document wallet from a MAN SUV.

Photo 1 shows the wallet and contents.

Photo 2 shows the kit list for the Vehicle Mechanics basic tool kit attached to the visual aid (Photo 3) and packing list for MAN SUV JU37AB (Photo 6)

Photo 4 is the procedure for breakdown and recovery

Photo 5 shows the Regimental Telephone List for 23 Engineer Regt

Photo 7 I believe is the FMT-3 which has been mentioned previously

and photo 8 is the envelope it all came in.

Thanks,

These documents are current and should not have been sold. The vehicle that they refer to is still in service!! The AB suffix came in to use in 2005. MAN SVR JU37AB was at Warminster this morning!!!

These documents are current and should not have been sold. The vehicle that they refer to is still in service!! The AB suffix came in to use in 2005. MAN SVR JU37AB was at Warminster this morning!!!

In that case what would you suggest I do with them?

Thanks,

In that case what would you suggest I do with them?

Thanks,

i would suggest you take them along to your local teritorial army centre explain where they came from and ask politely if they had a couple of blank forms that you could have in exchange :D im sure they would be glad to have original classified material back and understand you had bought a document wallet for your vehicle in good faith whithout knowing it was classified

Going back to earlier posts, I've now found out the the "work ticket" currently in use is Form F/MT 1001 which seems pretty much as I remember it from the 70s. The one I filled out last week certainly had lots of boxes to fill in.

Gordon

• 1 month later...
The AB562, which is the Vehicle Record Book was not kept in the document wallet. The unit would hold this and if the vehicle went to workshops, then the 562 would go with it.

My memory says there was an accident form in the wallet, but I forget the number.

FMT3 , that's a blast from the past as I've been out since 1973.

• 3 months later...