Dont forget the London to Brighton commercial run tomorrow,

Leaving Chrystal palace 7.oam.

Any one entered or going,we will be out to get some pics.:-D

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)

I will keep an eye out for him.Now wheres a nice steep hill where they all break down :-D

Lots of pics please CW ! I'm going next year ! :-D Off to Llandudno at five tomo morning ! Alarm clock willing !:sweat:

Dont forget to buy the old boy lunch,say hello from me.:rofl:

Unfortunatley rather dramatic happening ttoday, Like little !"£"£%$^^(()+_+)+)++)&^%^$%£$£" arsoning number one son's motorbike, won't be able to make it. Have to clean the mess up! Pass the shotgun!!! :argh::argh::argh::box::box::box::police::noyay::noyay::noyay:

We'll be about, silver Ducato campervan, somewhere along the route..............kettle will be on:coffee:

Got any rough idea where mate ,we have to turn of somewhere for Sunny Hayling.:-D

Come and say Hi, I was going to take Forceful but his force is somewhat diminished somewhat after a hard days turret totty luring today on Eastbourne seafront:sweat:

I think that would leave me a bit weak having them climb all over me. Didn't realize military trucks were such good "Pullers". Best get cracking on me old Albion. :rofl:

Where was the HSE executive......... bet he wouldn't have approved. :n00b:

Unfortunatley rather dramatic happening ttoday, Like little !"£"£%$^^(()+_+)+)++)&^%^$%£$£" arsoning number one son's motorbike, won't be able to make it. Have to clean the mess up! Pass the shotgun!!! :argh::argh::argh::box::box::box::police::noyay::noyay::noyay:
You need to move out of Orpington mate. Its all the crap that comes from around Star lane.

It is 20 past ten and i have just got home. Up at 3:45 this morning and been on the go since then. Feeling totally shattered now i must say.

Great to see so many friendly faces, Catweazle, ChrisG, Snapper, Runflat as well as Old Bill and Minesweeper who i drove up and back of course.

We left London in the FWD at 7:15 and missed our target of arriving in Brighton by mid day as we actually arrived at 3:20. We were the last to arrive and were too late for judging (not that that worried me of course). But as we pulled into Madeira Drive we got lots of shouts of "well done", applause and such from the large crowd that had gathered. This was so much better than any trophy. It was really quite moving.

Didnt have much time to look at the other MV's, but the restortions were all stunningly good. A great day out, but due to a couple of incidents we nearly didnt make it at all. I will tell you all about it all tomorrow.

Tim (too)

Well done Tim, we waited just above Clayton to get a video of you all but decided you must have broken down beyond repair, by then the traffic was backed up to Pycombe so we didn't think it was worth the effort to go in!

Big mistake! :-( would have loved to cheer you in.

Here's one I did manage to catch, you may know it.

Something went wrong...

Hi Chris and Snapper - good to have met you and put a face to a name. See you again at a show sometime.

Richard, I've no idea who won what, as too busy nattering with friends old and new.

Oh, Tim's got a tale to tell... and photos to prove it. Watch this space.

Now Monday afternoon and back here at base in Devon, FWD has returned safely from Brighton today and is back in the shed. Both Steve and Tim returned to their homes earlier today - I know that Tim is all set up to "recount the tale", so I will leave all of that to him. Later today, I expect.

The two boys crewed the truck beautifully and dealt methodically with the problems that we met - despite the fact that we were fully anticipating and hoping for a trouble-free run. Some hopes!

I did think that when we were stalled for nearly an hour on a roundabout just nine miles out that we were not going to complete the journey - but the problem was cured and on we went. Whilst we were stopped there, Catweazle appeared as if by magic to introduce himself to me - both boys had met him on previous occasions -and I was delighted to have that pleasure! Similarly to meet ChrisG at Brighton and renew my friendship with Runflat whom I have known for some years, but only meet on odd occasions!

And Clayton Hill? No problems - top gear all the way!

Will we do it again, next year? I think not - probably just keep our powder dry and wait for the Dennis to be finished - then we will have to go through all of this again!

Tony