London to Brighton 2009

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)

A knocky old lorry just to please Swill...............

Something went wrong...

Cheers Bernard, very kind of you. :thumbsup:

I don't have any speakers on my 'puter at the moment......... spose I'll have to get some now, just to savour the sounds.....:-D

Edited by Swill1952xs

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers CW, very kind of you. :thumbsup:

I don't have any speakers on my 'puter at the moment......... spose I'll have to get some now, just to savour the sounds.....:-D

Thats from Bernard mate:-D

Hope you don't mind me saying Tim, but you do look like the villain from the Penelope Pitstop cartoon in that get up, mate.

Ah yes, that would be "Dick Dastardly" if i remember.

Dickdastardly.gif

Yes, the resemblance is uncanny. I must look out for the hat now.

One piece of sad news on the run is the loveley McCurd you photographed caught fire. Due to the initiative of Graham the fire was quickly put out and the damage is confined to just under the bonnet. Nasty though.

At the moment, we have no immediate plans to go next year, but maybe when the Dennis is finished we will do it again.

Tim (too)

Brilliant find. The only clip that i have seen of us. Arent we slow in comparisson to everyone else.

Many thanks

Tim (too)

Well done Tim. all done in the true spirit of the event,unlike the two red TKs who nearly ran us off the rd.

Thanks Bernard for the Video,i am sure there are lots of others who appreciate the time and effort you put in.Cheers again.cw

Cheers mate,got a good pic of one at the DSF a good few years ago,sign written as a Rat catcher.tails docked,see if i can find it.cw.

• 6 months later...

Tim, I have come across a forgotten VHS tape called 'The best of military vehicles' that features footage of the Autocar on a earlier run and an interview with Steve with it on Brighton seafront, I think I bought it off a stall somewhere, if you don't have it would you like it?

NO - THE HOODED CLAW! The Perils of Penelope Pitstop. Poor lass usually found herself left in an abandoned mine.

Ah yes, that would be "Dick Dastardly" if i remember.

Dickdastardly.gif

Yes, the resemblance is uncanny. I must look out for the hat now.

One piece of sad news on the run is the loveley McCurd you photographed caught fire. Due to the initiative of Graham the fire was quickly put out and the damage is confined to just under the bonnet. Nasty though.

At the moment, we have no immediate plans to go next year, but maybe when the Dennis is finished we will do it again.

Tim (too)

Tim, I have come across a forgotten VHS tape called 'The best of military vehicles' that features footage of the Autocar on a earlier run and an interview with Steve with it on Brighton seafront, I think I bought it off a stall somewhere, if you don't have it would you like it?

Oh yes, i remember that one. Doesnt Steve look young! We do have a copy of it already, but many thanks for the offer. Very good of you.

Tim

"The hooded claw" - does he mean me?