Picture imfo needed.

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)

Purchased some photos at the Cobham bus show last week any thoughts on where,when or whot.cheers cw.

Untitled-Scanned-015-1.jpg

Untitled-Scanned-04.jpg

Untitled-Scanned-03jpg0.jpg

Untitled-Scanned-02jpg8.jpg

Untitled-Scanned-01jpg5.jpg

svramze-1208413547kYTMg4t.jpg

pic2bucket.jpg

ITS IWM E 2733

Lorries carrying RAF personnel …more↓ during the retreat from Greece, 3 May 1941. less↑

I was a few days out but I knew I had seen it before

Cheers Ted,the link doesnt work:confused:

I didn't really want to reveal the full depths of my ignorance but...........what make is this lorry ? I can see it's not British because the makers have actually employed a proper designer to create that fabulous looking cab. Thanks.

Untitled-Scanned-02jpg8-1.jpg

cant make out the plane, not enough detail for me...the wing inspection or maybe machine gun access panels may be helpful but it will take a bit more searching to find out...could do with a few more details to give us a better chance of recognition...

I didn't really want to reveal the full depths of my ignorance but...........what make is this lorry ? I can see it's not British because the makers have actually employed a proper designer to create that fabulous looking cab. Thanks.

Untitled-Scanned-02jpg8-1.jpg

I think it might be a German Ford , based on American design,

Mark :cool:

Thank you both for your replies. I've been through my somewhat limited collection of books and I haven't yet been able to get a positive identification. It does indeed look like a Ford badge on the side of the bonnet and the design has got that pre-war American style. Cheers.:thumbsup:

Having a close look at the number plate on the RAF truck it appears to have arab lettering.

You're right, it does have some funny foreign letters/numbers on the reg. plate. I'm not quite so sure about Ford badge. The right shape but a bit too big ?

The 80" Landies are pre May 1950, when the full mesh covering the headlamps changed to exposed headlamos. They are of course LHD, so they are for export. There is nothing to say they are military.

Only one wiper motor is fitted (second was an option), The spare wheel is not visible, but early Landies were sold with a spare wheel rim and no tyre. If you wanted a spare tyre you paid extra. It may be the spare is laid flat in the load bed to save height. It certainly looks as if the seat backs have been taken off to save height.

Doors are metal skinned. The very first Landies were sold with a canvas covered angle iron frame for a door, and you bought an aluminium skinned one as an option if you thought it worth the expenditure!

Cant be precise about date because can't see how front bumper attaches to chassis, deatils of how hood sticks attach to windscreen, catches that hold windscreen when folded or any of the other clues as to date of manufacture. If the seat backs were visible dating might be easier....