Great Dorset Steam Fair, 2009 , Heavy Haulage Arena.

There are still a number of places up for grabs for suitable heavy vehicles, with or without trailers to enter the Heavy Haulage section of the show.

Unfortunately John Attlee will not be attending this year with the Contractor, Conqueror rig, and this has left me with a big hole I have to plug.

Please register your interst here or by PM quickly, if you want to take things further.

This is a working section, not a parked up dislay, and entrantswill have plenty of oppertunity to use and demonstrate their vehicles, in the main heavy haulge playpen, up ther hill through "Watford Gap"

Interested????

Tanks welcome!!!!

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
My mate Carl is going with his two kids and "my" Saladin !!!!!!!

I'm going but will be working..... Something not quite right me thinks?

Just got in from a three hour journey back from Dorset. On the way I passed the Saladin in a pull-in between Tidworth and Marlborough, hope everything was ok??

Will write a report tomorrow evening and post up some pictures but it is straight back to work for me now!!!

Just got in from a three hour journey back from Dorset. On the way I passed the Saladin in a pull-in between Tidworth and Marlborough, hope everything was ok??

Will write a report tomorrow evening and post up some pictures but it is straight back to work for me now!!!

In a very simple word..... No. :(

Dorset this year has been rather expensive to say the least.

We lost hydraulic pressure to the steering. You may have noticed a wet line along the road for half a mile or so before the pull-in. Not sure what’s up yet but it must be quite major to lose around two gallons in such a short distance. Fortunately the brakes were still working OK but they would have failed sometime soon as they use the same oil and pump. The only company that could come out were Wessex Recovery. Now £1180.00 down :( Not happy. Arrived home just after 5 this morning, woke the neighbours up off-loading with the clanking of chains, so now they are not happy.....

We lost hydraulic pressure to the steering. You may have noticed a wet line along the road for half a mile or so before the pull-in. Not sure what’s up yet but it must be quite major to lose around two gallons in such a short distance. Fortunately the brakes were still working OK but they would have failed sometime soon as they use the same oil and pump. The only company that could come out were Wessex Recovery. Now £1180.00 down :( Not happy. Arrived home just after 5 this morning, woke the neighbours up off-loading with the clanking of chains, so now they are not happy.....

Ouch:sweat:

http://www.hmvf.co.uk/forumvb/showthread.php?t=10594 £89 would of been well spent... a thought for others..

Oh right sorry to hear that, with it being dark I didn't see you until late but I did notice something dripping from towards the rear. I thought at the time that perhaps it was a bit too close to the site to be stoping for the night.

Hope that you can get everything sorted out. I never managed to get a picture of it in the end as there was always somebody around it and was only in attendance for a couple of days.