Intro and Tyres

ToTec

Hi

Donald Smith here I have been taking an interest in Military vehicles over last few months which is now growing. I am importing tyres and I hear a lot of you guys are finding it hard to find certain tyres so thought you might be interested in what I could potentailly offer in future??

I brought in some 9.00 x 16 bar grips and you can see them in the ads section. I am now researching what other size tyres people are looking for so keen to hear from anyone on what tyres their vehcile uses. So far thinking of bringing in

6.00 x 16

9.00 x 16

11.00 x 20

Look forward to any feedback and discussing this matter in the forums going forward.

Regards

Donald Smith

Welcome to the forum Donald. Other sizes that may interest people on this forum would be 1200 X 20 and 1500 X 20 bar grips as well as the 1400 X 20's that Swill1952 has already mentioned. Knowing the available ply ratings might be helpful. Cheers.

One of the biggest problems is authentic tread patterns for British vehicles rather than tyre size.

If you can source 9.00X16 and 11.00X20 in track grip pattern rather than american bar grip you will have lots of buyers.

Unfortunately as Jack has already discovered the one manufacturer is reluctant to supply.

One of the biggest problems is authentic tread patterns for British vehicles rather than tyre size.

If you can source 9.00X16 and 11.00X20 in track grip pattern rather than american bar grip you will have lots of buyers.

Unfortunately as Jack has already discovered the one manufacturer is reluctant to supply.

Hear, hear,............must admit to having just ordered two Petlas 900x16's for rear of MW........(although, if Jack does come up trumps, I'll still be interested.........)

Edited by LeeEnfield
additional comment

Hi Donald

Welcome to the forum.

Obtaining 11.00 x 20 bar grips for my Ward la France is a bit difficult. Especially when you need a complete set (12).

Markheliops

Mark, Withams have been selling n.o.s. Green Goddess Goodyear round shouldered 11x20s on rims, they may have some left?

• 2 months later...