Gone and dun it..............................

Mark

Well I have sold the Jimmy for business reasons and bought myself a little toy to play with as below with what was left, so it is back to a tent for me in the future......................anyone recommend a good dealer :cool2:

landy2.jpg

landy3.jpg

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice looking Landie Mark! Looks like it could be a lot of fun!!

So that is why you have been talking to Lee and Snapper in the staff room of late - defection!

So the next time anyone kicks off about WW2/PW we can now say that team is well balanced...:coffee:

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)

Looks a tidy outfit Mark.word of warning watch your elbows on the door locks till you get used to it,it dont half hurt right on the fiunny bone,but it aint funny.and please dont call it a landie.Have you got a Handbook,12/24 volt.CW.

Looks a tidy outfit Mark.word of warning watch your elbows on the door locks till you get used to it,it dont half hurt right on the fiunny bone,but it aint funny.and please dont call it a landie.Have you got a Handbook,12/24 volt.CW.

Hi Cat

No have not got a hand book would like one though and it is 24v is that good or bad ???

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)

Ok will see if i have one,its both .ok all the time its running can be a bit of pain if the charging plays up,or the ignition.On the other hand it seldom does and the screened leads etc make good waterproofing.does it still have its original distributor etc.

Ok will see if i have one,its both .ok all the time its running can be a bit of pain if the charging plays up,or the ignition.On the other hand it seldom does and the screened leads etc make good waterproofing.does it still have its original distributor etc.

He's in a right 'Ray of Sunshine Mood ' isn't he? Having nosed around the C4 site to watch the 'Fun Police' (Was seriuosly thinking of heading up to Doncaster with the shotgun for the good of the human race) There is also a replay of the 100 Best Children's TV, so to cheer up Catweazle, he came in at about 56 (The one above was 'Skippy!):cool2:

Well I have sold the Jimmy for business reasons and bought myself a little toy to play with as below with what was left, so it is back to a tent for me in the future......................anyone recommend a good dealer :cool2:

Hello

I have got some 9x9's and some 12x12's for sale Pm me if you are intrested, all are the proper military ones not a lightweight reproduction!

If you want to improve the ride, fit a set of parabolic springs. My son fitted a set to my lightweight without telling me. They transformed the ride. It's now the most comfortable series Land-Rover that I've ever driven. It might upset the rivet-counters but it saves on visits to the physio for fixing your back. There's no way I'd go back to standard springs now.

Try L Jackson & Co at Misson, near Doncaster, for parts. I think they still do ex-MoD Land-Rover stuff.

For parts try the following:

http://www.lrseries.com

http://www.paddockspares.com

http://www.johncraddockltd.co.uk

You need the RSN12Y spark plugs, they can be expensive. Usually you see them for around £5 a piece. Marcus Glenn, Richard Banister etc sell them. Alternativley you can swap the leads for civvy ones and by the civvy plugs for 97p each.

Chris

You need the RSN12Y spark plugs, they can be expensive. Usually you see them for around £5 a piece. Marcus Glenn, Richard Banister etc sell them. Alternativley you can swap the leads for civvy ones and by the civvy plugs for 97p each.

Chris

RSN12Y's were £11 each from Banisters :shocked: