Gone and dun it..............................

Mark

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)
Oh the memorys...

Yup,backache,sore elbows,blured vision,Jumping out of second gear.

Designed by the blind,driven by the deaf:rofl:Never forget the sun never sets on a broken halfshaft.:-D

Yup,backache,sore elbows,blured vision,Jumping out of second gear.

Designed by the blind,driven by the deaf:rofl:Never forget the sun never sets on a broken halfshaft.:-D

Never had the blurred vision or sore elbows.But backache,broken halfshafts and the drone from the high-milers were all the norm.Halfshafts were a pig to get hold of,as i had the original flat ends on the hubs.

All this talk of old LTWT,s takes me back to my old one......Taken at Southsea in 1991.

Some years before that I tried to take my LtWt there & was made to feel so unwanted & so embarrassed for turning up in a Land Rover that I ended up parking it in the public carpark. Those were the days!

Hi Guys

A couple of questions about the lightweight that you could probably answer.

1. The heater box gets hot and the fan you can hear going but nothing comes out the hoses to the screen, before I start stripping it down is there an easy solution to this ?

2. The speedo does not work until it gets to 40 mph I have been told that there is a plastic gear that normally goes and can be replaced, if this is correct can they be bought ?

Many thanks in anticipation. :-D

Hi Guys

1. The heater box gets hot and the fan you can hear going but nothing comes out the hoses to the screen, before I start stripping it down is there an easy solution to this ?

Check that the screen duct isn't full of dead flies, fag ash & sweet papers. I never found the screen heater was much cop. Remove the tube where it goes into the duct, if there is warm air coming out & the duct is clear & still no screen heat, then the best thing you can do this weather is to stick the tube up your left trouser leg. I always found it gave some measure of comfort in winter.

Problem with the speedo is the moulded plastic clip holding the cable into the back of the speedo was prone to snap or disengage & the cable would not always make contact to drive the speedo properly.

Edited by fv1609

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)

Check the g/box end.make sure the cable has a square end on it,also the drive gear,the end of the cable should be a good fit with no free play.The cable can touch the exhaust if routed badly where it gets fried internally,Disconect both ends and see if you can wind the cable like a spring whilst holding both ends,if you can first step renew it.