HWade

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello Richard

Does this mean that brockhouse use Dyson Running gear as the wheel centres have dyson on and also the main bearing cover on the steering joint has dyson on it and also the main front axle has dyson cast in to it. What I do need for it are wheels I have been looking for some bedford RL wheels, any suggestions.

Regards

Howard

Howard,

Looking at the above picture if there is only 8 studs then the Bedford RL wheels will not fit as they have 10 studs on the RL/MK/MJ etc

Well I went to the workshop this morning and managed to get the other front wheel hub in top coat and also the drawbar. I just need to get some wheels and the front section of the trailer is complete.heres a couple of pics of the wheel hub and drawbar.

Regards Howard

aframe.jpg

axle.jpg

hub.jpg

Well this morning I got up to brave the cold and go to look at some wheels for the trailer, when I arrived i couldnt beleave it but the wheels were still on Dyson axles. The tyre size is 10.50 x 13 the wheels are a slit rim 'band type' but the condition is not to good. I took one away with me but untill i fetch the others home and strip down I wont know if they will be any good. Heres a pic of one of the wheels.

Howard

Picture 034.jpg

but untill i fetch the others home and strip down I wont know if they will be any good.

Howard

Howard, a good find but it could be a pig of a job breaking these wheels down. Do you have much experience of working with split rims ?

Hello 6x6 I have done it a couple of times and you are right a real pain someimes, got to admit I am tempted to burn the tyres off, or cut them off. I will have to see, but if all the wheels are like the one i fetched home they will be a real pig.

Regards

Howard

Hello 6x6 I have done it a couple of times and you are right a real pain someimes, got to admit I am tempted to burn the tyres off, or cut them off. I will have to see, but if all the wheels are like the one i fetched home they will be a real pig.

Howard,

What you need is one of those tyre removal tools that you see for sale at Beltring. They are ex-German army and made for that type of rim, they clamp to the centre and have an air cylinder which applies pressure to the bead. Bought mine some years ago and it has saved a lot of hard work and hammering. Even had a mobile tyre fitter come in to do a wheel on a truck in the yard, he nearly gave up, when I brought the tool out and done the job for him, his jaw dropped :-D

Hello Richard thanks for that advice I will keep a look out for one, thanks N.O.S I will give Mike a ring see if I cant borrow it I recon they will be a job they have stood outside for quite sometime, but Iam still wondering if they will be right they are only a 13" rim what do you think.

Howard

Hello Richard

I shall have a word with Mike and see if I can borrow his at the weekend.

Regards

Howard

I and, I'm sure, others would be very interested to see a brief photographic tutorial of you using this tool if that is not too much to ask. I've no pressing need myself...a mate of mine sorted out all of my tyres and there's a commercial/agricultural tyre business right on the farm where I live but it's a job I may have to do myself someday. Thanks.

Hello 6x6 if I get hold of the tool on Saturday I shall post some pics of it in action thats if I get the wheels back, thanks for the ebay link shame he didnt have four wheels, they looked in very good order.

Regards

Howard

Well you seem to be making a good job so far, presume it will be finished ready for next season?

I've had a look can't find any 16" wheels.

What you need is one of these to split your tyres. I can split a rusty 1400 x 20 in a couple of minutes.

Be wary of using the 10.50 x 13 wheels as it is very difficult to get tyres. They are used on the Cranes 7.5 ton recovery trailer and others and we couldn't find any good ones.

We have 2 trailers if anyone is interested.

Here are some pics of the 20 ton 16-wheel by Multiwheeler, just look at that complicated steering system! Also may be for sale.

tyresplitter.jpg

20t03.jpg

20t02.jpg

20t04.jpg

20t01.jpg

Wonderful post ackack. Every home should have one of those super dooper steam powered bead breakers and as for that steering mechanism.....talk about keep it simple. It looks like there was a lot to go wrong with that system.

For Les.

DSCF0372.jpg

Mike,

I have been looking at those aircraft trailers in the Chertsey books, but discounted them because they were Tasker and not Dyson, here is a heavy one, definitely got 8 twins fitted (16 wheels).

Rear axle on turntable, so it could be steered from rear.

There is one of these trailers on the old airfield site belonging to Nelson Green at Bourne in Linconshire.

Well I managed to get to the workshop earlier and managed to remove the damaged stud from the wheel hub. I have had a good look at the drawbar and I am going to have to get some bushes made as there is to much play on the drawbar when the pins are inserted,that holds it to the front axle.

Regards Howard

Well got over to the workshop today and decided to give the Diamond T a run out before getting stuck in to the trailer, well I went for a 15 mile run out and the old girl ran well,on return I put her away,and got out the tractor and hitched up the trailer to the tractor and moved the main trailer bed into the workshop the rear axle knocked out with ease, but the wheel nuts on this axle are going to need a bit of heat just like the front wheels did, I shall post some pics as soon as i get software on the pc. Well thats it for now.

Regards

howard

Still on the look out for wheels!

Edited by HWade