Launched - The HMVF Once More Onto The Beach campaign..

Jack

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update! We are certainly getting there and with some more generous donations by HMVF members and the public we have now broken through the 12 veterans barrier - outstanding work folks! WE ARE GETTING THERE!!

Onwards and upwards!

• 2 weeks later...

Please checkout the front page folks....... :)

I have been trying for a week to put up in the news the donations made by Tony and N44 and there is also and lovely story to this next donation too. It will be up as soon as I (Joris) has sorted the techie issue out.........!

Don't foget the promised case studies in the article Jack - more than ne person outsideof HMVF has asked me abut these.

Good to see we're over halfway to getting 20; won't belong now befoe you can change the target figure to40!!

Any chance of an update on the overall target the NVA are trying to reach??

• 3 weeks later...

I heard a rumour the other day that an MVT Area was about to make a large donation to the HMVF NVA appeal, I think the MVT Com. were due to discuss it at their November meeting, any of the Area Secretaries or anyone else on here know anything about it ?

I heard a rumour the other day that an MVT Area was about to make a large donation to the HMVF NVA appeal, I think the MVT Com. were due to discuss it at their November meeting, any of the Area Secretaries or anyone else on here know anything about it ?

What do you call large Ian :???

Last I'd heard, Ian, was that they were donating directly to the NVA, not via HMVF......

You're probably right Neil, the MVT CoM. are paranoid when it comes to anything to do with the HMVF & seem to want to distance themselves at every opportunity, even with an appeal such as this they can't put their differences aside, not a view shared by all Area Secs. though...

To answer Ian's question, if there was anythng in the pipeline we have not heard anything from the MVT CoM. & the above may explain why...

Anyway on with the fundraising...

• 2 weeks later...

I was at the CoM meeting when it was decided to make a large donation to the NVA. It has to be done direct to the NVA because of the MVT's constitution. This is set up in such a way as to stop anybody directing funds into a personal or private account. It has nothing to do with personnal feelings towards the HMVF or anybody associated with it. I know there are folks within the MVT who may have some negative thoughts for the HMVF but these in noway influenced the decision the direct payment decision. It has to be remembered that out of the 6900 MVT membership there may be some members who are not in favour of 'club funds' being handed out. There are some MV owners who think that club funds should be spent on members only. In the Brum Area at our December meeting we had a vote to see what the opinion of members was on the subject. The vote was 100% in favour of the MVT donation. I have e mailed Jack privatley on this subject. I have not spoken to the MVT Com for a couple of weeks so I don't know whether the NVA have been told the exact figure hence me not saying what it is, but it is CONSIDERABLY more than £2000-00. The MVT Com will be making an announcement as soon as it has been confirmed that the payment can be made under the terms of the constitution. There are certain legal processes that have to be gone through to ensure that that the payment can be made. The MVT is a registered charity and charities donating to charities have to be carefuly monitored. I Know somebody is going to say "No they don't!" but you're going to look pretty stoopid if you hand over the money and then have to ask for it back because the right procedures have not been followed. As the MVT has had a substancial amount of money payed back through Gift Aid the last thing the MVT want is to have to pay that money back because of a slight indiscretion making a donation to the NVA or similar. Hence the delay in making an announcement and also why it is been payed direct. Sorry for the long reply but I was trying to cover all areas. But trust me it is a lot more than £2000-00.

If any MVT members who read this are not in favour of the payment would they contact either Preston Isaacs MVT Chairman or Alan Cogdel MVT Treasurer so that their thoughts on the subject can be registered.

I should add that I have not been asked or directed by the MVT CoM to do this posting but as I was the CoM meeting when this was discussed and voted on then I felt perhaps I should record the facts as they were. There were 5 other area secretaries/chairmen at the CoM who if they read this Forum could confirm this.

Phil Palmer

Chairman

Birmingham & West Midlands Area

Military Vehicle Trust.