Launched - The HMVF Once More Onto The Beach campaign..

Jack

Updated! Thank you goes to the kind gentlemen from the letter we have been talking about and with donations from 3 other folks we are getting so so close.

A massive thank you to everyone.

Best wishes,

Jack.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jack

Whats the score with the NVA. Are they still looking for donations or have they received enough now from the Daily mail and the Government combined? Thanks. I just need to know where we are at.

Tim (too)

Hi Tim - they are still wanting donations as then more folks can go!

Well thats alright then. We (that is the North Oxfordshire & Cotswolds MVT) had another event last night. An auction of militaria, book sale and a raffle. This combined with donations collected by Don and Tony gave us a further £383.05. As an Area we are a few pounds short of having raised £800 which was the total we set ourselves, but next Month we should beat that figure.

The auction went very well and i was amazed at the generosity of what some people had brought in. RAF escape map, chunks of Spitfires, US and British WW2 webbing and bags and lots of jerrycans. Many thanks to everyone who donated and all those who bought. It was a great evening and all for a cause that we think important.

Tim (too)

Well thats alright then. We (that is the North Oxfordshire & Cotswolds MVT) had another event last night. An auction of militaria, book sale and a raffle. This combined with donations collected by Don and Tony gave us a further £383.05. As an Area we are a few pounds short of having raised £800 which was the total we set ourselves, but next Month we should beat that figure.

The auction went very well and i was amazed at the generosity of what some people had brought in. RAF escape map, chunks of Spitfires, US and British WW2 webbing and bags and lots of jerrycans. Many thanks to everyone who donated and all those who bought. It was a great evening and all for a cause that we think important.

Tim (too)

Well done, its a good cause so people don't mind to donate.

Tim - you are a bit of alright you are!! And thank you very very much, your area have done hell of a job.

Thanks Neil and Andy too! Could someone explain to Andy how PayPal works (flipping youth of today).:coffee:

Blinkin cheek,.....:) only just seen this,........I know how paypal works, but need payee details to make it go through. :-\

Will be sending a cheque soon-ish with another amount raised. :-D

Here you go Lee, you have a choice :-D

HMVF Campaign

Jack Beckett.

Pathfinder Distribution Ltd

Unit 9 Luccombe Business Centre

Milton Abbas

Blandford

Dorset

DT11 0BD

I will then forward these onto the NVA.

Bank Transfer direct to the NVA account:

Account: 73578983

Sort: 60 16 03

Name: Normandy Veterans Association

Please send me a note/email letting me know what you have sent so that I can add it to the rolling total.

Cash – with your full name and address to:

HMVF Campaign

Jack Beckett

Pathfinder Distribution Ltd

Unit 9 Luccombe Business Centre

Milton Abbas

Blandford

Dorset

DT11 0BD

PayPal:

jack at hmvf.co.uk

• 3 weeks later...

Now just take 2 minutes to look at the front page - look!

With a massive thank you to Dave, Enigma, NOS and the members of Great War Trucks MVT area you will see that we are just so nearly there. Bloody 1st class work everyone and one hell of an achievement!

This is an amazing achievement ladies and gentlemen. To raise that much money in little over 6 months in todays hard times, I stand and applaud each and every one of you who has donated any money to this

:iloveyou::iloveyou::iloveyou:

Give yourselves a good old pat on the back :)

This is an amazing achievement ladies and gentlemen. To raise that much money in little over 6 months in todays hard times, I stand and applaud each and every one of you who has donated any money to this

:iloveyou::iloveyou::iloveyou:

Give yourselves a good old pat on the back :)

I seem to remember that you and the cubed one were very generous and I suspect that this involved a certain amount of self sacrifice:kissoncheek::thumbsup:

I propose those of us going to Normandy this year get together with a large bottle of pop and celebrate this brilliant achievment. Who would like to organise something then?

the cubes are staying in Etreham for 2 weeks,