Launched - The HMVF Once More Onto The Beach campaign..

Jack

The Bunker Bash Team were out collecting at the Bunker today.. Harry & myself set ourselves up in the main carpark with the Fox & Land Rover, I'm sorry to say that despite a fair number of punters going into the Bunker the public were for the most part totally uninterested... nearly all read the Banner but couldn't be bothered to put their hands in their pockets :argh:

Collection only raised £14.30

All is not lost though as at 12pm I had to relocate the Fox into our MV field where 25 models were doing the business draped over a range of vehicles (& in the woods, trenches etc..) with 40 photographers ... the fee I got for the Fox... £30.00 has been added to today's total so making £44.30 donated to the fund today...

If I manage to find any clean photos of today's shoot when I get the disks through I'll post them :cool2: ... for now you'll just have to put up with another one of Harry....

Picture006.jpg

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As always, thank you Lee and thank you harry.Total support.

Today I had delivered some collection tins from the NVA. They are sealed and I will sign and number them. We were set three but can get more if needs be. They have the Once More Onto The Beach logo on them along with the NVA's so all official and accountable.

I am going to send one to a friend who is a reenactor who would like to take it to the Aces cafe next month- good man. Lee would it be handy to have one? If so then I will send one up along with Harry's BlackBerry...anyone else need a tin?

Neil - fine points and thanks for the kick up the backside and have sorted half of it. Just awaiting some details on the case points from the NVA.

It is time that we looked at some clothing. Neil Stevens recommended that the way to go is to get some high quality T shirts made with the logo on it. I would also like to add the dates too. It would be something to show off and wear with pride and it will also be a very historic souvenir to keep forever along with the souvenir beers from the last 30 years - or is that just me?!

Total will be updated on Monday :cool2:

Well done everyone!!!

Next year I would like all of us to get together and have a BBQ and a beer to celebrate what we have done here and send some pictures to the vets of us raising a toast to them.
Good idea Jack, it would be lovely to meet up with some other members from here. sorry if I am repeating something here, but are we planning on meeting up in Normandy on the 6th with any Vets?

It is time that we looked at some clothing. Neil Stevens recommended that the way to go is to get some high quality T shirts made with the logo on it. I would also like to add the dates too. It would be something to show off and wear with pride and it will also be a very historic souvenir to keep forever along with the souvenir beers from the last 30 years - or is that just me?!

Next year I would like all of us to get together and have a BBQ and a beer to celebrate what we have done here and send some pictures to the vets of us raising a toast to them.

Both sound like good ideas to me Jack - as does Rosies regarding being there for the Vets on the 6th. Maybe we can arrange a HMVF trip - even if only people and no vehicles - for a day or two????

Maybe if any MVT Area Secs. are reading this they could put it to the CoM. to ask each area to donate £400 that would be a whole coach load of Vets that could pay one last visit... after all they are supposed to be a Charity.... same goes for Imps... Just a thought... maybe if enough members contact them too they would take the idea onboard...

MVT simon.bromley@talktalk.net

IMPS chairman@imps.org.uk

Just got the Essex area newsletter Lee - they are donating £1,000 to each of the Southend on Sea and Barking & Dagenham branches of the Normandy Veterans Association.

So thats another 5 veterans going back albeit indirectly!!!

Just got the Essex area newsletter Lee - they are donating £1,000 to each of the Southend on Sea and Barking & Dagenham branches of the Normandy Veterans Association.

So thats another 5 veterans going back albeit indirectly!!!

That's great news Neil, its good to see the power of HMVF is getting people motivated, perhaps you could contact them & ask if they could put a link to the campaign on the Essex MVT website....

Also we have some MVT Area Secs. who are members of this forum, maybe they could put a link to the campaign on their front pages???

Edited by Marmite!!

And can we download the logo to be printed onto a large plasticised canvas banner, ie is it in pdf?

I have a copy of the pdf for the Banner I can email you or I can get the banner done for you... the one in the photo cost £32.00

NVAbunker024.jpg

Thanks Lee, I might see if I can get our printers to do a freebie in the name of the charity, what size is it? If you could send me the pdf so I can run it past them I would be grateful.

Hi Rick,

Bodge set the size at 3000.13mm x 915.37mm so you they would have to scale it down for you, I think the one in the photo is about 1500x450...

I there a deadline for the money to be in Jack?

Hi Rik!!

Well I made the cut off basically the 6th May 09 so we can still get to work on these and we are on our way to our next target....keep at it folks, it is making a massive difference.

Snap - we need to catch up - in the office tomorrow if that is good for you.

You folks really rock with this drive to get your Vets to Normandy!!!

I can't believe your Gov't not funding this as a show of gratitude and

respect for those who did and sacrificed so much for the country and

everyone in it ... and they succeeded in stopping the insanity and inhumanity!!!

And this is the thanks they get by a gov't who lives because of them?

Argh! (rant over)

I would love to kick in but am in no position to do so but what I can do is to let people know of this so they can contribute or pass the word.

Lest We Forget they shall not grow old and we shall remember them (and why) ................

Great stuff Degsy and Rick! I will have to get some more as Martin wanted two as well!

Onwards and upwards!

we have some news coming that I can't share at the moment :(

You know - there are times oh Fearless Leader when one can be awfully tempted to drop a GMC on you from a great height!!!

At least you could tell us WHY you can't tell us!!! :rofl: