what cuold you expect

v8 bubba

Question

There are some nice Lightweight Land Rovers on ebay at the moment in that price range. The Lightweight is a purpose built military vehicle and ideal to start with as they're easy to work on and you can get the bits. If you want something ww2, then you'd be looking at a vehicle needed total rebuild for that price.

Chris

Could possibly pick up a reasonable 109" Series 2 or 3 for that amount as well. Not as "agile" as the lightweight but possibly more useful as with some ingenuity you can sleep in the back at shows...

This is up at £800 right now: Land Rover series 3 military restored project lwb 109

1980 FFR 24v Full restoration

Also keep an eye on MilWeb as the season is coming to and end and vehicles start to appear from those who've decided to call it a day! http://www.milweb.net - Landrover ads

landys just arnt my thing nor bedfords i have driven almost nothing but jeep dodge and chevy for the last twenty odd years

methinks wait till i have more funds and go for somthing a bit more......dont know realy till i see it but a kaiser ambulance might be nice

thanks for the input so far very helpfull indeed

No one is upset with anything you own (jealous perhaps in some quarters - depending what you have. We support ALL mv ownership here, even the equine.

I just sold my daughter to a saudi prince so I could buy a MUTT. With the money that's left over I am going to buy Belgium.

MB

Don't buy Belgium I had a look at it last week and the rots got in at the back and the blocks cracked. It needs work...

What about two wheels Bubba? I'd love a motorbike if it weren't for the fact that I'd fall off and die after 50 yards. I always like the idea of the relative simplicity of going to a show on two wheels in a quarter of the time and a tenth of the juice!

not wishing to upset any jeep folk but i have already got one of the rarest model of jeep three in fact but alass worth nothing like as much as ww2 jeep they just seem madly dear

Curiosity appropriately aroused - which models of Jeep have you got Bubba ? PM me if you prefer not to say in public .

D .

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)
I would certainly steer clear of Belgium if i were you. I understand that there is long running legal dispute over true ownership. Last thing you want is to take it on and then find that someone else has legal title to it.

Tim (too)

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I would certainly steer clear of Belgium if i were you. I understand that there is long running legal dispute over true ownership. Last thing you want is to take it on and then find that someone else has legal title to it.

Tim (too)

I own a small patch of Belgium but I did tell my Missus that if the Germans come back over the Maas with tanks, I'm not staying to defend it !

...and in answer to Jack's question, anything with girder forks still seems to be going up in value and military motorcycles appeal to both the 'vintage' motorcycle and MV types. WD bikes are now more expensive than the 'grey porridge' of the 1950s whereas a few years ago, they were generally regarded as less practical and thus less desirable. The difficult thing is finding a good reliable 'sorted' one without loads of post-war parts and of course most bits are visible. It's no longer possible to build one cheaply from a basket case. Believe me, I know !

If you fancy something large and armoured, that you can take your mates to the pub in, with pretty good spares availability as far as the engine goes etc, and very little problems with the chassis and bodywork, and a bit of a talking point with your neighbours, consider coming over to the "DarkSide" and buy Post-war British.....A reasonable Humber Pig should be attainable somewhere near your upper limit, or a rougher one at considerably less!! not bad to work on, fairly straight forward mechanical layout etc.

This message is sponsored by the Humber Military Vehicle Forum (HMVF) :-D

Edited by Adam Elsdon

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)
This message is sponsored by the Humber Military Vehicle Forum (HMVF) :-D

My ones the Historic Military Vessel Forum.anybody else got one.:rofl:

hmmm some smashing ideas folks lots to keep me awake :cool2:

a bike i realy like the idea but as pointed i would fall off and kill myself.

a pig hmmm

a goddess yes i do like the old rl bedfords to my shame some years ago i was tasked with robbing twelve or so of them for there jag engines that drove the pump unit the engines were sold in to the clasic car world

my rare jeep:confused: well i have got three cj8 jeeps and there would seem to only be one other in the uk and posibly another two in france a cj8 was tested by the US forces but not adopted ther was less than 30.000 built between 1981 and 85 if it works here is a pic

scramblerno3001.jpg[/img]