Grumpy old men

antarmike

I have been looking at some of my recent posts and I am afraid I have become a grumpy old man. Maybe we need a GOM section on the board where I and others like me who have reached the GOM stage in life can post away, but which the younger more enthusiastic members can avoid and maintain their youthful innocence and optimism about the world and mankind!

Edited by antarmike

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So that's you and Catwezle so far, think I've got the same problem so I'd be up for membership (annual please, as life membership no longer represents good value for money).

Or have our posts in a differet colour so they can be easily avoided by said whippersnappers!

Just been out checking tyre pressures on Antar and Dyson for the run down to GDSF and I find whilst I was at Belvoir Castle someone has helped themselves to three of my valve caps... I DON'T BELIEVE IT!!

I hope that the car they put them on gets nicked off their drive and burnt in the woods cos I can't see any difference... stealing is stealing...

Then you have to seperate that GOM into at least three levels of Grumpy

the basic Grumpy old men ,then the Grumpier old men , then Grumpiest old men

Although the details of each group will need to be worked out at the next Meeting of the Damn I m annoyed mens club .

Friday night finally proved that the Mog clutch is completely u/s (tried to tow something & it didn't move :blush: ). Had a look at the manual for clutch changing procedure - Disconnect , unbolt & tilt cab , disconnect pretty much everything in the engine compartment, find a crane big enough , unbolt & crane the engine out , change your clutch ( £300+ for good second hand one) then put it all back together .

:argh:

I have been looking at some of my recent posts and I am afraid I have become a grumpy old man. Maybe we need a GOM section on the board where I and others like me who have reached the GOM stage in life can post away, but which the younger more enthusiastic members can avoid and maintain their youthful innocence and optimism about the world and mankind!

wot o antarmike, just a suggestion what about a daily antarmike joke to cheer us old gits up a bit

i will look out for you at GDSF

as for tyre dust caps i lost all mine on my tractor at a local show, bleeding kids :argh:

regards graham

Being forty-nine and three months old,I find that I have been a GOM for many, many years - so do not fret, Mike. My wife and I noticed I was getting a little like and often as accident prone as Victor Meldrew some time ago. The phone ALWAYS rings just as I sit down to dinner. Things that don't break, do. The list is endless. I tend to agree with Gritineye and just get on with life. I actually find that now I am this great age that life can be so much more fun. People expect me to be stupid and juvenile and inept and a disaster waiting to happen. SNAFU. I love being a thorough pain in the harris. I have a reputation to build on. Enjoy.

I know. Certain members of my family will make sure I get one. I can tell you where it will go as soon as it arrives....the shredder.

I'm not fussed about the thought of being fifty. I ripen with age - but the idea of a cruise with Statler and Waldorf does not appeal.