Grumpy old men

antarmike

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's sounding more and more like Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs

doc , sneezy, dopy, happy , grumpy , tom , dick and harry :) ok I made up the last three ...I didnt want to have to go and google or wikipedia the list , I ll leave that to others :cool2: :coffee:

How about, walking through Tesco's car park yesterday when an oddly familiar squekey version of the song 'How Much is that Doggy in the Window' blairs out. Stopped to let the tired old mind play through the sepia of past memories. Finally got it 'PINKY & PERCKY'!

Found the scource a guy with his young son, he insists that his son is going to learn the 'Classics'. Nice to know someone is working to preserve the English heritage. :-D

(For the 'Confused of HMVF amongst us, and those below 30, Pinky and Percky were two puppet pigs back in the days when the BBC considered Muffin the Mule to be children's entertainment)

I like this post, I can be a dirty old man!

Edited by Tony B

The great Noel Murphy Tells us that Muffin The Mule is a sex offence.

Pinky and Perky were alive and well in Billericay last weekend. A guest at the wedding I attended produced his guitar and ran through a series of Elvis and Neil Diamond songs, singing in a voice not unrelated to the bacon duo. My father in law and our auntie from Canada were trapped and had to sit through it while the rest of us ran and hid...sniggering.

MB

I am Victor Meldrew!!! I do B*****y believe it even if I say I don't. All part of life's rich tapestry? More like travesty! I don't believe in holes in the ozone thats just some tosh by politicians to get you to take your off their antics in other areas. Global warming is just the green house effect with a spin. If you think it is warming up then how come the Romans had vineyards as far north as Peterborough. Professors at university's write reports supporting governments because that's where their funding comes from. You don't **** on your own dinner!! Must go that damm Warbouys womans turned up again to scrounge a lift and Margaret hasn't finished cooking my dinner.

Regards Victor aka Phil P

There are worse things than emu,orvil the vomit green duck for instance.....

O ' I wish I could fly, right up to the sky,.........but I can't....'

'you can't'.........

O ' I can't...........'

Ahem,.............yup, I'll get me coat.......:sweat::shake:

O ' I wish I could fly, right up to the sky,.........but I can't....'

'you can't'.........

O ' I can't...........'

Ahem,.............yup, I'll get me coat.......:sweat::shake:

Andy

you remember some of the words Does this mean youre the only one what bought the record? :shake:

Me to! I keep telling my nieces and nephews that thier music is rubbish and in my day we could understand the words!I'm turning into my dad!!!!.........

Some of it is actually quite good - with intelligent lyrics - but what we do find with modern stuff that we try with the band, is what an incredibly short shelf life it has - the sixties , seventies and eighties stuff we do , everybody knows and wants to hear , but stuff that charted just a few months ago we sometimes only do half a dozen times & it's done with and forgotten about .