An MV meet possibly?

Hi all,

I don't know if anyone is willing to form a show for MVT members around the beds, herts, cambs area, maybe just every couple of months we could have a get-together of MV's, I've been thinking about it for a long time, trying to think of a suitable site and thinking of people who could come. There seems to be get-togethers and MVT shows everywhere else so how come theres nothing around beds, herts, cambs. Just an idea, maybe take it a step further if we get a good response.Tell us your ideas.

cheers, Mick.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hello Mick, pleased to meet you,

Both myself and Tyler had a similar idea a few months ago, this is the thread; http://www.hmvf.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=349&highlight=east+anglia

But no-one else seemed interested. Saying that there does seem to be more members on here in this area now so it might be worth a try.

It would be nice to have an Eastern MV club.

Regards

Richard

Hi, Im still working on the club idea, just got to get a logo/emblem made up, pic a name and we'll be off, so far Ive found 7 people who are up for it with roughly 14 MV's, so I'll get me arse in gear and have it done by March that,s a promise, we'll have:

a list of show dates+contacts / local attractions

newsletter (postal/email), once we reach a good number of members (every 3 months)

list of MV's in the club (in the newsletter)

local suppliers e.t.c. (in the newsletter)

Classifieds (in the newsletter)

group show/s

road runs+meet up's

window stickers/magnetic stickers/flags e.t.c.

Plus anything else we can think of.

Tyler.

With a short drive east, there is also a big event at Debach airfield in Suffork on June 11th. Details can be found on their website http://www.493bgdebach.co.uk/

I've been for the last three years, taking my planes, and last year taking the jeep also.

Here's a few pics from the event.....

493%20open%20day%2004%20b17%20model%20nose.gif493%20open%20day%2004%20tank.gif

2005tender.gif

dod05pan.gif

Steve

Hi all,

looks like you've volunteered as secretary, tyler! do you think we ought to have a general meeting locally and weld some of these ideas together and have a more solid idea of aims and benefits for the group and start to sell the group through this show season to all friends on the show circuit and HMVF, perhaps we can look to a solid date in 2007 for a localish venue for a show.

regards mick.

Hello Tyler and Mick and anyone else who reads this! :lol:

I've been trying to think of a name for an Eastern MV Group for age's but can't really come up with anything "catchy".

I think the "North London Barmy Army's" (NLBA) name and logo is brilliant but trying to come up with something like that without just copying it is very difficult.

I'm still thinking!

Regards

Richard.

Hi all,

How about the MEGA's, middle eastern green and sand? I know its not that brilliant but it was just one thought up on the spur of the moment, I'm also trying to think of one like tyler's dirty dozzen, how about Kellys Heroes or even something boring like The A1 group?

cheers guys

Mick

How about the MEGA's, middle eastern green and sand? I know its not that brilliant but it was just one thought up on the spur of the moment,

Don't shoot me for this, it is not meant to be serious :lol: But seeing as though there are some Russian vehicles in your little band, what about this;

Eastern Bloc Heads

You do not have to use it of course :)

Hi Mick + Richard and anyonelse, I think secretary is'nt a very Military word, I prefere the word boss, but if you like the word secretary I am sure Richard would'nt mind you having that title :lol:

As for you Richard your selling your Zil so once that had gone we'd only have one Eastern Bloc MV :wink: Or is that so you have a reason to keep the beast :D :wink: .

Anyway Ive found a place that will computerise the club badge/emblem and will make the stickers etc.

Tyler.

With a name you have to have all of the magic ingredients and the clue really does has to be in the title...

1. Location - East, West, South etc etc

2. What does the group do? - So words like military and/or vehicles have to be in the title somewhere.

3.Can you get a good acronym out of it the title.

4. Clear logo that will translate to any medium

5. Is it a club, group, charity, association etc etc

6. The name has to be a wide enough umbrella to accommodate future growth and change of direction......

Just a few pointers to help - hopefully 8)

Jack.

Hi tyler, richard, anyone.

Any ideas as to the final name yet? I think that Eastern Bloc heads is a good one! but seen as richards getting rid of his Zil don't you think it would sound a bit odd, (sorry if I upset someone.) how about tyler's EMVG, simple and good at the same time. as for the venue I think Richards aquarium place sounds great, maybe we could hold it at a different venue every time, theres a pub called the anchor in a village called tempsford just down the A1 about 2 or 3 miles away from me, which I think looks like a promising venue, haven't been up there for ages but they have a massive garden, and at the end it joins on to the river, good for stolly and dukw owners! I was also talking to a guy from the MVT yesterday and he said that in beds alone there is 71 MVT members , remember that not all of them have a vehicle, and I think some more than that in herts and cambs. Any ideas as to when and where we can all meet up and talk in person about getting this thing up and running, no rush to anyone, maybe a weekend sometime.

Cheers, Mick.

With a name you have to have all of the magic ingredients and the clue really does has to be in the title...

1. Location - East, West, South etc etc

2. What does the group do? - So words like military and/or vehicles have to be in the title somewhere.

3.Can you get a good acronym out of it the title.

4. Clear logo that will translate to any medium

5. Is it a club, group, charity, association etc etc

6. The name has to be a wide enough umbrella to accommodate future growth and change of direction......

Just a few pointers to help - hopefully 8)

Jack.

EMMA.. Eastern Military Machines Association :wink:

This is what we've had so far:

Dirty Dozen

EMVC = Eastern Military Vehicle Club.

EMVG = Eastern Military Vehicle Group.

MEGA's = middle eastern green and sand

Eastern Bloc Heads

EMMA = Eastern Military Machines Association

Ive noticed some comments such as "I've been trying to think of a name for an Eastern MV Group" etc, that could be the very answer to the clubs name, I think the saying goes "It does exactly what it says on the tin".

The "Dirty Dozen" is a play on words in that your usually getting dirty when working on the MVs, the group started out with a dozen members, that the name would emphisise a welcoming /relaxed people by not sounding too formal, thus hopefully encoraging young people to get into the hobby etc etc.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Tyler.

Hi all,

I think thats what it should be then if everyone agrees to it. EMVG. EMMA is still good because you can say it as a word. maybe we should try narrowing it down to the ones we prefer. I think your probably the man for doing the badge and things tyler, seen as you are 'supreme commander' and I think probably the best one with computers out of all of us.

regards Mick.

Hi all, Mick I didn't know I had reached that rank but if you want to call me that who am I to turn down a promotion :lol: , "oh me good with computers" no no I,m rubbish thats why I'm getting a firm in Huntingdon to do the final design of the badge once the name has been picked.

Tyler.