An MV meet possibly?

Hi Richard,

I done as you said and tried highlighting the code thingys. I pressed copy and Wow! The paste icon is there! I click paste and all it is does is display that code as a hyperlink, not a picture, when you click on it it just takes you to the home page of theimagehosting.com (the site I am registered on) and asks you if you want to register. Noooo! This evil computer has beaten me! I give up. Maybe I should just try feeding a photograph of the Ferret into the disk-drive and see if that works! :idea: :evil: :cry: :x :?

Cheers anyway, Mick.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Richard,

I done as you said and tried highlighting the code thingys. I pressed copy and Wow! The paste icon is there! I click paste and all it is does is display that code as a hyperlink, not a picture, when you click on it it just takes you to the home page of theimagehosting.com (the site I am registered on) and asks you if you want to register. Noooo! This evil computer has beaten me! I give up. Maybe I should just try feeding a photograph of the Ferret into the disk-drive and see if that works! :idea: :evil: :cry: :x :?

Cheers anyway, Mick.

Mick,

if you are using Photobucket or similar you should have a page like this:

photohelp.jpg

what you need to do is highlight everything in the Img Box copy & paste it in to your message, your photo won't appear untill you post or preview it..

Hi all,

I haven't a clue why but it just comes up with a link to the picture not the actual image. If you click on that link it just takes you to the base page of http://www.theimagehosting.com (the site I am registered on), it is quite different to photobucket in the fact that if you click on my images in the 'management' section it comes up with a thumbnail of my ferret, the image name ( if you click on this it brings up a larger picture), the time it was uploaded, the 'get codes button' (I think this is the way forward) once in the get codes part it no longer displays a picture of the ferret and it basically asks me where I want to paste my picture, this is what it says: Link your image to a personal website or E-bay auction. All others are 'hotlink' ones apart from post your image on message boards one, this must be the one we need so I highlighted the code in the box below the heading, then I pressed the copy button, then I go to my post on HMVF and click paste and sure enough the code is there, but when I click on preview instead of bringing up an image of my Ferret it just brings up a link. :? :?: :x

Cheers guys, Mick.

Hi Lee,

Your absolutely right imagehosting is rubbish. At least I know I'm not a complete idiot with computers and it was the site that was letting me down. I think I'll just delete my account on imagehosting.

ferret1.jpg

This is a really awful picture because Monty managed to stroll in front of the camera. But it's the only picture I've got at the moment apart from the one in my last post. I'll try and get some more on here when I can.

Cheers, Mick.

Hi Chris,

Your quite right about recognising the first picture. It was the picture that was advertising it on Milweb. I bought it from a guy named John Dews in North Wales. She had been stored in a gigantic shed full of MV's for a couple of years, I bought her in the condition you see her now and road registered her in 2002. I can remember looking at quite a few Ferrets but when I noticed that one on Milweb I just fell in love with it and bought it. I liked the green over sand camo, it looks really effective on most Brit post war kit.

Cheers, Mick.

Hello Tyler and Mick and anyone else,

A TEAM website would be good and I think quite cheap and easy to do.

Mind you have you noiced that there's nearly been 100 hundred posts on this thread. Is that a record on here?

We'll have to put our heads together and come up with some idea's and aims for TEAM.

Regards

Richard

Hi all,

That sounds good, hopefully things will really start to get off the ground now. I think we need to establish ourselves and get the group together, do some events, before we create a website, that way people will start to know us in the MV community and then hopefully go on our website.

Here are some aims I've thought of:

Try to get a place were we can hold the event (richards aquarium?) :?:

Try to get some more members (adding to tylers 14 or so he's already thought of.)

thats all for now I think, I'm sure you people have got lots more ideas.

This bigger than beltring thing could even become reality!!!!! :lol: :wink:

Cheers, Mick.

Hi all,

That sounds good, hopefully things will really start to get off the ground now. I think we need to establish ourselves and get the group together, do some events, before we create a website, that way people will start to know us in the MV community and then hopefully go on our website.

Here are some aims I've thought of:

Try to get a place were we can hold the event (richards aquarium?) :?:

Try to get some more members (adding to tylers 14 or so he's already thought of.)

thats all for now I think, I'm sure you people have got lots more ideas.

This bigger than beltring thing could even become reality!!!!! :lol: :wink:

Cheers, Mick.

You are all more than welcome at our show

Essex Armour & Softskins MV Group will be holding their Annual Military Vehicle Show/Re-enactor Weekend at "Kelvedon Hatch (Essex) Secret Nuclear Bunker" on 20th & 21st May, camping from midday Friday 19th, on site catering within the Bunker, all Groups & vehicles welcome including Tracked.

There will also be a Militaria Fair, stallholders contact me for details.

The Bunker is located on the A128 Ongar Road & is within easy reach of the M25 & M11

For more details please email lee@ferret32ba77.fslife.co.uk

Essex Armour show page http://essex-armour-mvgroup.mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/page7.html

Hi Lee,

Thanks for that but I think it's 'out of range' for me. Not sure about the others though. I would like to come but 30 miles is about my maximum mileage I'd like to do in the beast. It gets uncomfortable and starts to eat away at the wallet..........

I'm sure you all know what I mean.

Cheers, Mick.