An MV meet possibly?

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Richard, I quite like that actually maybe we could have a siloette of your Ferret a Jeep and a landy to give a visual representation of the types of MV's the club has E.G. Ferret = Armour, Jeep = WW2, Landy = softskin/post war etc?

Tyler.

Ps, you'll have to get it past Mick and his ferret first :lol:

Hi tyler and richard,

that can go straight past me. absolutely fine so long as my ferrets on there too! I think Richards Militant or Zil would look good on the badge too. Perhaps we could have t.e.a.m written in a curve and in stenciled type writng if thats possible sort of written onto the MV's. Have the border as our main background, then a couple of MV's on top of that. and finally T.E.A.M written on top. I'll try and get something drawn up if I have the time and then try and get it on here with my amazing computer knowledge of a 44 year old who grew up without a computer in sight. :lol:

Hi tyler and richard,

I'm sorry but my computer knowledge has let me down, I would try and get something done but I can't be asked to and have other things to do. I tried to do something with our T.E.A.M badge but for some reason our computer just starts to spread images of our ferret all over the screen. And eh, just another question, how do you post images onto here?

cheers guys, Mick.

Hello Mick and Tyler

Mick,

For posting pictures have a look at this http://www.hmvf.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=98

I think Tylers idea of using pictures of different types of vehicles on the logo is brilliant. But, I tried doing something along those lines and it was very cluttered, I think it needs to be simple line drawings of vehicles ( simular to EMLRA's logo) .

I did try a very simple logo with T.E.A.M in large letters in the middle with THE EASTERN ARMY MOB in a circle around it, all in a nice green and black camo colour. But my desk top publisher want let me save it as a JPeg file and then I can't send it or post it. I'll keep working on it to see if I can display it on here.

Regards

Richard

Hi Richard, thats brill, as for being a bit boring that can easily be addressed with some Bar grip tread pattern underlinning The Eastern + Army Mob, or using the tread pattern as the boarder, but I reacon that the design should deffently be the basis for the club badge, so any other ideas on how to liven it up a bit would I am sure be greatley recived.

Tyler.

Hi richard and tyler,

Richard that badge looks really good, maybe if we were to reproduce it on a T-Shirt we could swap the colours around, have white for the writing/ tire tread and that stuff and then have olive green as the actual shirt colour. Maybe we should launch into our own merchandise buisness making T.E.A.M pencilcases, books , pens, pencils, T-shirts!! We could make millions!! And then have a real large collection of MV's and launch into a show even bigger than Beltring! :lol: :!: :idea:

We could make millions!! And then have a real large collection of MV's and launch into a show even bigger than Beltring! :lol: :!: :idea:

I bet Rex Cadman is worried! :lol: Mind you, even he had to start somewhere!

Hi Tyler and Mick,

Thanks for the the complements on the logo. Good idea with the tyre tracks, I'll see what I can find.

Regards

Richard

Hi Richard,

When I tried to register onto that image site it wouldn't let me. I'll just go on writing normal word messages. All it says is write the text out in the box above. So I do into the little box below it. And then it just says the same thing over and over again apart from with different text.

Cheers, Mick.

Hi Richard,

When I tried to register onto that image site it wouldn't let me. I'll just go on writing normal word messages. All it says is write the text out in the box above. So I do into the little box below it. And then it just says the same thing over and over again apart from with different text.

Cheers, Mick.

Hello Mick,

Hmmm...don't know :?

Regards

Richard

Hi all,

Any news on the badge? No worries about the image thing, It's not imperative that I post pictures, but thanks for the help anyway. I might try another image-hosting site. Maybe that will work. I think the whole problem is probably down to our PC being as slow as a tractor and about as trustworthy as a sly fox! I say 'trustworthy' because you will want it to do a certain task and it just won't do it. You might want it to save something important, save it twice just in case. Then again though as long as I can access the internet I don't care.

Cheers, Mick.

Hello Mick,

What you need to do is highlight the name of the image you want to post ( on Photobucket it's the third box down) then right click it and click copy.

Next go to the post you are writing on the forum, right click your mouse and click the paste button. If you preview the post , if everything worked and the planets are all properly aligned etc. the picture should be displayed.

Hope that helps. Once you get used to it it's quite easy. Says me, the person who hates computers :wink:

Regards

Richard

AGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil: :twisted: :oops: :x :cry: :?

Mick,

you will just have to bring your Ferret to our show so we can see it :wink:

Essex Armour & Softskin MV Group will be holding their Annual Military

Vehicle Show at "Kelvedon Hatch (Essex) Secret Nuclear Bunker" on 20th &

21st May, camping from midday Friday 19th, on site catering within the

Bunker, all vehicles welcome including Tracked.

The Bunker is located on the A128 Ongar Road & is within easy reach of the

M25 & M11 & A12

For a booking form or more details please email

lee@ferret32ba77.fslife.co.uk

Hello Mick,

I actually made a little mistake :oops: when I said click on the pictures name, in reality it's the one marked IMG or maybe even BB code.

This is what the code might look like ( I've deliberately put an extra line in it so it won't display the picture)

>

If I put the code correct, ta-dar!!

DSCI0008.jpg

Hope this helps a bit.

Regards

Richard

Hi Richard,

P.S Very Nice Militant, does she take 14.00x20.00 tyres. They are really hard to get now.

Cheers, Mick.

Hello Mick,

Thanks, being a HAA Gun Tractor she runs on 15.00 x 20.00's which are even harder to get. We've recently renewed the four rear ones, it was a right pig of a job to get the split rims apart and they are seriously heavy.

I have actually removed a wheel and refitted it by myself but have been warned not to do it again by the Militants previous owner. He was lifting a wheel/tyre once and split a valve at the top of his stomach! (That always makes me feel funny inside :? ) So from now on I leave it to a professional tyre fitter!

Regards

Richard

Ps Good luck with the photos.

Hi richard,

I've heard many stories about tyre fitters getting seriously injured from split-rim tyres and rims.0ww! I thought changing a Ferret tyre was difficult! They weigh something like 76kg each! I should think the Militant tyres weigh twice as much. You're a brave man Richard!

Cheers, Mick.