An MV meet possibly?

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lee,

You need a commander to pay the toll at Dartford though!

Chris

No you don't if you have a free tax disk..

Pardon??????????? Are tax exempt vehicles also toll exempt now????

There was me wasting all that good worrying about how to pay the toll from the drivers seat of a Stalwart :? :?

Lee,

You need a commander to pay the toll at Dartford though!

Chris

No you don't if you have a free tax disk..

Pardon??????????? Are tax exempt vehicles also toll exempt now????

There was me wasting all that good worrying about how to pay the toll from the drivers seat of a Stalwart :? :?

Correct, tax exempt = toll free. As from about two weeks ago you don't even have to fill in the bit of paper anymore, you just tell them it's tax exempt, they get out of their little box take a quick shifty of the tax disk & away you go. Get a little board made up saying "Tax Exempt" to flash at them..

Just took a look at the Dartford Crossing web site - http://www.highways.gov.uk/roads/projects/4075.aspx - FAQ page and there it says that to qualify for free crossings a vehicle that is tax exempt has to be so due to clauses 18 or 19 of Schedule 2 of the Vehicle Excise and Registration Act.

This - in a nutshell - says the driver has to be registered disabled!

Relevant part of the act:

Vehicles for disabled people

18. A vehicle (including a cycle with an attachment for propulsion by mechanical power) which—

(a) is adapted, and used or kept on a road, for an invalid, and

(b) does not exceed 508 kilograms in weight unladen,

is an exempt vehicle.

19.—(1) A vehicle is an exempt vehicle when it is being used, or kept for use, by or for the purposes of a disabled person who satisfies sub-paragraph (2) if—

(a) the vehicle is registered under this Act in the name of the disabled person, and

(b) no other vehicle registered in his name under this Act is an exempt vehicle under this paragraph or paragraph 7 of Schedule 4.

(2) A disabled person satisfies this sub-paragraph if—

(a) he is in receipt of a disability living allowance by virtue of entitlement to the mobility component at the higher rate,

(b) he is in receipt of a mobility supplement, or

© he has obtained, or is eligible for, a grant under—

(i) paragraph 2 of Schedule 2 to the [1977 c. 49.] National Health Service Act 1977,

(ii) section 46(3) of the [1978 c. 29.] National Health Service (Scotland) Act 1978, or

(iii) Article 30(3) of the [s.I. 1972/1265 (N.I.14).] Health and Personal Social Services (Northern Ireland) Order 1972,

in relation to the vehicle.

(3) For the purposes of sub-paragraph (1) a vehicle is deemed to be registered under this Act in the name of a person in receipt of a disability living allowance by virtue of entitlement to the mobility component at the higher rate, or of a mobility supplement, if it is so registered in the name of—

(a) an appointee, or

(b) a person nominated for the purposes of this paragraph by the person or an appointee.

(4) In sub-paragraph (3)"appointee" means—

(a) a person appointed pursuant to regulations made under (or having effect as if made under) the [1992 c. 5.] Social Security Administration Act 1992 or the [1992 c. 8.] Social Security Administration (Northern Ireland) Act 1992 to exercise any of the rights and powers of a person in receipt of a disability living allowance, or

(b) a person to whom a mobility supplement is paid for application for the benefit of another person in receipt of the supplement.

(5) In this paragraph"mobility supplement" means a mobility supplement under—

(a) a scheme under the [1939 c. 82.] Personal Injuries (Emergency Provisions) Act 1939, or

(b) an Order in Council under section 12 of the [1977 c. 5.] Social Security (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1977,

or a payment appearing to the Secretary of State to be of a similar kind and specified for the purposes of this paragraph by an order made by him.

Just took a look at the Dartford Crossing web site - http://www.highways.gov.uk/roads/projects/4075.aspx - FAQ page and there it says that to qualify for free crossings a vehicle that is tax exempt has to be so due to clauses 18 or 19 of Schedule 2 of the Vehicle Excise and Registration Act.

This - in a nutshell - says the driver has to be registered disabled!

Ah yes but those guys in the booths are not that well educated.. we get told every time if the tax is free so is the toll..

:D:D:D

I like it - will give it a try when I get my own vehicle!!!!

No Vehicle, No Problem, come along to our show in May & drive some of our armour around the arena..

OK - just checked with SWMBO - we're free that weekend so you've got a deal!!! :D

Nice one, welcome aboard.. will send you a pm shortly

Hello Mick,

Well we could go to Poland and back. Probably best to start with a trip a little closer to home though :wink:

A few weeks ago I went up to Newark Air Museum ( http://www.newarkairmuseum.co.uk/home.cfm ) with the Ex Military Land Rover Association and it was a very nice day out and I've been thinking of suggesting something similar.

Muckleburgh ( http://www.muckleburgh.co.uk/ ) maybe? It could be a little too far though.

Any other ideas?

Regards

Richard

Hi Mick and Richard, Ive been concentrating on booking shows and preping the vehicles that Ive completely forgot about the club stuff :roll: ,

but while Ive been booking shows Ive found loads of contacts etc, Ive found over 50 shows so far and thats mainly around my area so thats not too bad. Also Ive been finding out about storage for local club members as that could be a big pull for prospective members, I am running on the basis that preperation is key, E.G. if the club is advertised/opened too soon it could flop due to rushing things, saying that though I cant see why it wont be up and running by the show season :lol: ,

Aims: If I my be so bold (the same as most clubs) :lol: ,

Provide a welcoming meeting place for likeminded people.

Encorage more people to get into the hobby.

Any other surgestions always welcome.

Thanks.

Tyler.

Hi, working off Richard here, I reacon that The East Of England Tank Museum (http://www.tankmuseum.com), Duxford or Beloir castle(http://www.belvoircastle.com), one of these shows would be the best place to have a big meet, as their fairly big shows, fairly central and have their own attractions.

Duxford has the ease of access (A1,A14,M11 etc),

East Of England Tank Museum has a purely Military Vehicle Museum,

and Beloir castle has the veiws.

Tyler.

Hello Tyler and Mick,

I think Duxford would be the best bet being pretty much in the middle of "our" area.

And I'm definitely going to Duxford. I'm still not sure on Belvoir though, I want to!!

But I do think it would be fun to have a run to a local museum or the like.

Regards

Richard

( Ps. Tyler, I was outside last night and left MSN online. Sorry! :oops: )

Hello,

It would be really good to get in a convoy on the way there. I take it Richard you would use the A141 to get towards huntingdon area, we could meet there then go the A1198 way, then get on the A505 and get to Duxford. Sorry if this confuses you. I was just trying to think of a good route and thought that the A1198 would be a good road for driving the MV's.

Mick.

Hello Mick,

I certainly would like to go in convoy.

I had a look on a route planner and that looks like a good way to go, I wasn't looking forward to the A14 and the M11!

Is the A1198 a good road without too many tight turns or bottlenecks as I'll be towing the FH70 with the Militant and I wouldn't want to cause too much of a hold up. All being well the Land Rover and Ferret should also be coming, well they're entered at least!

Regards

Richard

Hi Mick + Richard, I'll be taking the K4, SWB + Quad Polsten + Russell in his Jeep, we could meet you at Croydon, Richard whats the average Mph you do in the Militant?

When we go in convoy with the Jeep we do 40max :roll: , we put the slowest vehicle at the front and the fastest ones at the back so they can't speed off :wink: , so in theory it would be:

Militant

FH 70

Jeep

K4

Quad Polsten

lwb

Swb

Ferret

Ferret

That would be quite a site :lol:

Tyler.