An MV meet possibly?

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi,

it did start off as a mk1 but then got converted to a mk2 and then ended up as a mk5. as for the engine i think its been changed at some point an the gearbox pass?

I have no doubt the engine and gearbox has been changed a number of times in the vehicles life. Originally it would have had the early version of the B80, known as the BSF engine, not only because of the use of BSF threads, but other things as well. Parts were not so plentiful and they would have been superceded. Also the gearbox did not have a neutral strut in the early one, so when selecting N, it actually part engaged 1st and 3rd, again these boxes would have become obsolete.

Back in the late 80's, a friend bought a Mk1 to restore and it was still fitted with the early engine and gearbox, must have been out of reserve stock I reckon.

Richard

ferret.JPG

This is mine, hull # 2072. Those Sterling brackets sold like hot cakes!

Chris

Do you know what?

I was recently browsing an enormous pile of old photos that I hadn't looked at since they were taken (and most of them were of my two now grown children as babies).

I was hoping to find some UN Mark 2s for a colleague on here, but the only collection of military I could find were from BAOR about 1978 and of them only one picture actually showed a clear picture: of either one or two Mark 1s. I am working from memory of a pic I looked at at home a month or two back at home whilst sat in the office. One of them may have been 02 CC 74, the other possibly 02 CC 76 (one of which was mine to drive at one time but I forget which) or 33 BA 81 which was certainly mine to command at a later time.

It's a small world, isn't it?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mick, what size would that be for that price?

Also what should we have on it E.G.

T.E.A.M.

..... T.E.A.M.

The Eastern Army Mob

... Tel: ........... T.E.A.M......... Tel:

.. ????..... The Eastern Army Mob ... ????

??????? ...................................... ???????

Tyler.

Hi Tyler,

I'm sorry I have looked through exchange and mart and I found this.

You can get the following:

6x2 £29.10

8x2 £38.80

10x2 £48.50

It says any size available next to that but I think 10x2 is enough.

here is their website: http://www.pvc-banner.co.uk

and in tiny, tiny writing on the bottom it says prices exclude delivery and vat.

Mick.

P.s for the design we could have the same design richard come up with, although the proportions would be different so it could be altered slightly.

as you said something like this with the words underneath. just had a thought but we could have a camo background with white lettering, it would look really effective.

T.E.A.M

The Eastern Army Mob

Mick.

Hello Tyler and Mick,

We've had some bit's and pieces done with this firm http://immedia-8.co.uk They're based in March. We used to use Budget Signs, also from March, and they were really cheap but unfortunately they're no longer trading, so it was a bit pointless mentioning them wasn't it!!

I'll ask Immedia next time we speak to them and see how much they'd charge.

Regards

Richard.

By the way. Ferret respray now nearly finished, photos soon. Militant Respray starts next week.( Hopefully)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi all,

Right I think I have got my bearings, Meet at the Huntingdon area.Where exactly we shall have to see..... Then we go down the A1198. Steve and the two jeeps will meet us at Wimpole lodge... when exactly I am not sure. depends on what you lot want to do. Then we go straight down the A505 towards Duxford.

God thats going to look good.. anyone else who wants to join and create a humungous traffic jam.. do so now!! :lol: :lol:

Mick.

Hello Mick

IF I make it, I'll be going A141 to Huntingdon. Round the bypass to the A14 and come off the A14 at Godmanchester and on to the A1198.

But to be quite honest it's looking very unlikely that the Militant will be ready. I still haven't finished rubbing down and there's at least another week of prep work left. And then I need to put of few miles on it to get me back into the swing of driving it.

:? Richard

Hi All, were are giong x2 and also a Jeep, were giong via the A1198 joining at Longstowe, Arrington or Croydon then via A505, the gates open at 9 so we usually aim to get there for 9 to allow for delays on the way etc.

Tyler.