Landrover Gallery.

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

This is my lightweight after three and a half years of restoration. Really really pleased now after all that time!!!! One of the best lightweights on Malta. visit maltahistoricvehicles.com!!! really good site and amazingly rare vehicles!!!!!

DSCF5017..jpg

DSCF5009..jpg

DSCF5010..jpg

DSCF5012..jpg

DSCF5018..jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Seeing as i've just remebered this forum, let me post my Rover.

It's a 1986 Ex MOD 110 FFR (16:KF:26). It was origonaly a hard top, then I changed it to a soft top, then to a WOLF soft top replica, it is currently being finished off as a WOLF hard top replica (If I can get a half decent rear door)/

Few piccys.

Still cant really make up my mind between hard/soft lid.....

P9300007.jpg

A few months ago

P9300012.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

G'day All, I have been in the forum since last year, and I have only recently learned to upload pictures, and I have 7 fully restored S2/2A Land Rovers as used by the Australian Army back in the last century :shocked: (1959-1980's and some past that year), anyway here are a few pictures of 112-501 as found in amongst a farmers pile of other crap. As you can see it did look very ordinary, and the speedo reading was 3.7 miles (photo shows engine Oil pressure at 60lbs) this was acheived after getting vehicle home,

Lot3592akaChloe.jpg?t=1284109454

37Miles.jpg?t=1284109505

the next 2 pictures were taken about 5 years apart fully restored, it now has approx 3,000 miles on the clock

LovelylittleChloe.jpg?t=1284109585

all clean for the Long Tan rememberance service

Long-Tan2.jpg?t=1284109620

Chloe will be out and about this coming weekend to the 'Broke Village Fair' cheers Dennis

Land Rover restoration No2.

After I had finished 'Chloe' I needed something extra, so I soon found another vehicle, it was purchased from Hilton P. a well known Land Rover enthusiast. 112-587 had gone into service with the Lawson Volunteer Bush Fire Brigade, hence the 'Tin Top', the top was well made but I didn't need it so it was junk, as found out at Colo Heights NSW

Asfound.jpg?t=1284111004

he was very straight body wise, but the bulkhead was like swiss cheese full of holes, he did run but not very well, he had a blown head gasket between 2-3 cyl's, we paid the amount needed and took him on a 100 mile road journey behind my Isuzu 110 County, then the work began on the long strip down

thestrip.jpg?t=1284111195

after the vehicle was totally stripped, chassis grit blasted etc, the rebuild started, 112-587 was still Deep Bronze Green on the inside, so I decided to repaint him in DBG,

BronzeGreen.jpg?t=1284111299

this picture taken in 2008 and he still gleams when washed :cool2:

Satarvodrive001.jpg?t=1284111373

'Wee-Wullie' hasn't moved since the 25th April this year (Anzac Day) cheers Dennis

Edited by DJM110

Land Rover resoration No3.

During the restoration of 'Wee-Wullie', I found this desirable piece of Aust/mil history, it was covered from top to bottom with graffitti as you can see, the previous owner was a fan of Mick Doohan, I had to have it :nut: as found,

AsfoundThalabarRd.jpg?t=1284113341

and after being delivered by tilt tray tow truck sitting in front of the shed

Before.jpg?t=1284113589

the vehicle had a dead rear diff, engine wouldn't run properly bulkhead rusted out and numerous other problems which I had to overcome in time. This was without a doubt the largest vehicle I had ever restored, I mused over how to lift the body off, I decided against that because of the cost in steel to make a gantry :shocked: I decided I would do it from the bottom up. Starting with the rear end, everything was removed, chassis cleaned with cup wire brushes and a needle scale gun, it took weeks of toil but we suceeded in the end, refitted it with a Salisbury differential

newrearend.jpg?t=1284113939

when the rear end was finished I started it up reversed it out of the shed, turned around on the street, reversed back into the shed and gutted it back to the rear floor, and did the same with the chassis etc,

Ambulancerebuild.jpg?t=1284114074

114-194 needed a new bulkhead, one was sourced from a country Land Rover (very dry out west = no rust :D), several things needed to trial fitted etc

Ambulancerebuild3.jpg?t=1284114206

everything fitted as it should, and over time all items were refitted, the head was removed and new valve stem oil seals fitted, carburettor O/haul, fiddle for days with the wiring loom, as these vehicles were fitted with a plethora of items that other service L/r's didn't have, it is fitted with a rotating beacon (RED) on the turret, under the bonnet Continental Horns, it was nightmare for me, but with perserverance i beat it, everything works as it should,

Enginebay.jpg?t=1284114429

The graffitti was removed by using the tried and proven method of paint stripper, as the body has literally hundreds of rivets, a mechanical device was not an option, the body was pressure washed afterwards to remove any traces of paint stripper, it still took a long time,

Enginebay.jpg?t=1284114429

Paintstripping.jpg?t=1284114582

upontheroof.jpg?t=1284114668

Turretgraffiti.jpg?t=1284114703

After this was acheived the vehicle was etch primed and given 2 coats of Olive Drab, then all the areas were marked out for the Geneva Crosses x 5, only the 2 on the side of the body were the same size, the Geneva Cross on the turret was over 3' in dia,

Turretredcross.jpg?t=1284114872

After.jpg?t=1284114924

Being a Reg/Nse myself I found it relatively easy to re-equip the vehicle with 60's n 70's med/surg gear, as you can see I have near enough gear to set up a field station,

CESFieldHospital001.jpg?t=1284115049

CESFieldHospital007.jpg?t=1284115087

the restoration of this Land Rover took me almost 18 months, I work on all my projects every day when not at work, and after work I do meanial tasks on the vehicle, it all adds up,

this picture shows the 2 R/n's, I also have a deceased in a 60's US body bag + 1 patient with head n chest wounds

RegisteredNurses.jpg?t=1284115193

CessnockShow2005002.jpg?t=1284115485

I also use this vehicle to store quite a large amount of kit that I have for other Land Rovers, well that will do for one evening, only 4 to go + the Land Rover I'm currently restoring cheers Dennis :nut:

Edited by DJM110

A labor of love , its not the speed you get the vehicle done in, its the results when your happy with when you say its finished !

Nice that you were able to pull all the parts and details together to put those beauties back on the road .

Edited by abn deuce